Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get onto the Vet Nursing course at Askham because I didn't have enough work experience, but I managed to grab a place at Askham for a Foundation Degree Management of Animal Collections with Conservation which I am very happy with and can't wait to start in September

Good luck to everyone in their chosen courses I hope you all do very well
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaNeko)
    I didn't get onto the Vet Nursing course at Askham because I didn't have enough work experience, but I managed to grab a place at Askham for a Foundation Degree Management of Animal Collections with Conservation which I am very happy with and can't wait to start in September

Good luck to everyone in their chosen courses I hope you all do very well
    Sorry to hear that the vet nursing didn't work out, but it sounds as if you've sorted yourself with something just as exciting ! Best of luck for when you start, I'm sure you will enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    Open Day at University of Bristol - Friday 9 Sept - includes tours of the Vet School : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/opendays/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessBarrett)
    When did you send your application?? I have heard back from harper adams already but i applied in october 2015. I applied for RVC, Middlesex, harper adams, hartpury and nottingham trent. I am only waiting on middle sex now. But i believe that middle sex wait until they all applicants
    which uni are you going too? im going to NTU

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to Nottingham Trent Uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaffaNeko)
    Hello,

I am applying to do Veterinary Nursing at Askham Bryan College York and I am wondering if there are any other students on here doing the same. if not where else are you applying to do Vet Nursing.

Thanks x
    im going to start studying vet nursing at Nottingham Trent uni this year !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starbuck95)
    im going to start studying vet nursing at Nottingham Trent uni this year !
    Oh very nice, good luck , hope you enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    Hey hows everybody getting on at uni?! Im applying for next year but really stuck on my choices! What uni did everyone end up at and are you happy with your choices?
    Anybody that's at college of west anglia....how do you commute between campuses?
    Also do all unis have their placements and theories in blocks so that when you have a placement of say a 14 week block you can choose to go home for it or do some uni's spread the placements throughout every week over the year? sorry if that doesnt make sense!

Hope to hear from you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I'm at Hartpury and it is amazing! Would definitely recommend it if you're serious about veterinary nursing. For degree the whole of the second year is on placement so depending where you are you can either live at home or you'll have to find somewhere to live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarjar459)
    Hey
    I'm at Hartpury and it is amazing! Would definitely recommend it if you're serious about veterinary nursing. For degree the whole of the second year is on placement so depending where you are you can either live at home or you'll have to find somewhere to live.
    What accommodation have you got there? So is there no placements in the other years? Glad your happy with your choice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jade.1)
    What accommodation have you got there? So is there no placements in the other years? Glad your happy with your choice!
    I personally live in Hartpury accommodation off site which is nice about 15 minutes average drive with the city traffic, I've seen some on site halls, most ones there's a kitchen between 8 people. All on site ones have an en-suite too. And there's a regular bus service if you don't drive into town to get shopping.
    No placements in the other years just the second year in one place. There's no theory teaching at Hartpury in that year, though you have to come back for a week in February to make sure you're doing ok. But other than that you're working in practice for 52 weeks.
    Also for Hartpury you have an interview where you have to do a little presentation but it's really not that bad and it's your chance to make an impression on them. Hope your application goes well x

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Has anyone had an interview at NottinghamTrent before? I have mine tomorrow and Im super nervous. If anyone could help me out with what to expect in the actual interview, such as questions, I'd really appreciate it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BRN73)
    Hi,
    Has anyone had an interview at NottinghamTrent before? I have mine tomorrow and Im super nervous. If anyone could help me out with what to expect in the actual interview, such as questions, I'd really appreciate it!!
    It'll likely be the obvious stuff - motivation for wanting to do the course, some questions about your work experience, your understanding of their course, 'give me an example of when you....' or 'what would you do if' scenario etc.

Smile, make eye contact, and be yourself. Try to enjoy it!

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.