Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering whether I could I still study medcine without any a's in gcse. I got 4b
    Maths
    Chemistry
    Religious studies
    Food tech
    5c
    Physics
    Biology
    Geography
    English language
    German
    2d
    History
    English literature
    I'm in my first year of 6th form and I study maths chemistry and r.e and I plan on picking up biology next year.

I was wondering if I got all a in my a levels if I could still do medcine at somewhere like queen Mary's.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-requirements

ReputationRep:
    To answer your question having looked through the minimum requirements for GCSE for medicine, your grades would only qualify you for two unis - Exeter and Plymouth. I'm not 100% sure of plymouth's interview selection process but to get an interview at Exeter this year you had to be predicted 3A*s at A2. I think Plymouth places more focus on the UKCAT as well.

Basically to summarise: unfortunately unless you're predicted very highly in A2 for Exeter and do very well on the UKCAT for Plymouth I would avoid applying to medicine - which is the most competitive course you could apply to and academically is far more rigorous than anything you will cover in GCSE.

I'm sorry to say this but it is fairly unrealistic with your grades :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah_jerri)
    I was wondering whether I could I still study medcine without any a's in gcse. I got 4b
    Maths
    Chemistry
    Religious studies
    Food tech
    5c
    Physics
    Biology
    Geography
    English language
    German
    2d
    History
    English literature
    I'm in my first year of 6th form and I study maths chemistry and r.e and I plan on picking up biology next year.

I was wondering if I got all a in my a levels if I could still do medcine at somewhere like queen Mary's.
    Consider graduate entry if you really want to do medicine?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.