Med3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Anyone have any tips for the S3 paper and exam for want to share their experience?
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SargentZenj2)
Anyone have any tips for the S3 paper and exam for want to share their experience?
Moved to maths.
Are there any areas of S3 you need help with?

Do all of the past papers and make sure you understand the solutions!
math42
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Got 96 on S3 last year and did correctly a question that caused quite a lot of grief overall...(messed up on reading the question in other places though lol). First of all there's a lot of pedantry and meticulousness needed. I probably couldn't do an S3 paper now but so long as you go into the exam remembering all the little recipes for the different tests and stuff that aspect of it is quite simple conceptually, you just need to make sure you don't make any mistakes. As with any paper practice is key; it's important to be able to "unpack" the boring wordy questions to work out what exactly they want you to do (although often this is obvious) and to have experience navigating the tricky tests with all the different sums and numbers and tables to avoid messing up.

As much as any module I think S3 is about repetition and practice primarily, but you should spend some time trying to understand the algebra and the central limit theorem stuff/sample mean and sd/confidence intervals in the third chapter (by far the meatiest, and probably most interesting). As last year's paper showed, a good understanding of the early expectation algebra goes a long way also.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads