The Student Room Group

What exactly is a Jinn in Islam

For my Synoptic exam in religious studies, I am researching Islamic beliefs on life after death and have found that on the day of judgment Allah will rise all the people and jinn from the dead, but I am unclear to what exactly a jinn is (all I can find is that they are something supernatural). Any help would be great, and also if there are any Muslims, or anyone who knows about Islam could give me some additional information on Islamic belief on life after death would also be greatly appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

The unseen if you will. Ghosts spirits.. Another of Gods creations. However, he made us superior
Jinns are another form of humans. They are just like us but they are made from fire compared to us humans we are made from clay. Jinns have a free will just like us humans and they live just like us but we cannot see them. If you have any questions, feel free to message me :smile:!
Reply 3
Original post by Zeeiqbal
Jinns are another form of humans. They are just like us but they are made from fire compared to us humans we are made from clay. Jinns have a free will just like us humans and they live just like us but we cannot see them. If you have any questions, feel free to message me :smile:!

Thank you for the help. I was also wondering what form the raised dead take. I think in Christianity they take a new body or reconstructed body, is this the same in Islam or some other form taken.
Original post by tomheath17
Thank you for the help. I was also wondering what form the raised dead take. I think in Christianity they take a new body or reconstructed body, is this the same in Islam or some other form taken.

It is in the same form taken as they left the world in. There are a lot of similarities between Islam and Christianity. Are you a Christian?

Jinn are also shaytaan (saitan)
In our religion theres good jinn and bad jinn (bad jinn are knowns as shaytaan)

We believe when the an individual dies, their sould is taken out from their bodys and taking into another dimension. We take form of our normal self, just in another dimension and we are further questioned by the angels
Reply 6
Original post by Zeeiqbal
It is in the same form taken as they left the world in. There are a lot of similarities between Islam and Christianity. Are you a Christian?

I'm an atheist but I'm really interested in Religion
Reply 7
Original post by omarkhatri
Jinn are also shaytaan (saitan)
In our religion theres good jinn and bad jinn (bad jinn are knowns as shaytaan)

We believe when the an individual dies, their sould is taken out from their bodys and taking into another dimension. We take form of our normal self, just in another dimension and we are further questioned by the angels

Thank you, I was also wondering (because I've heard different things) does Islam allow those who have not been exposed to Islam into paradise or not?
I'm an atheist but I'm really interested in Religion

From my understating jinn are beings made from smokeless fire that have free will and live in a similar way to us. Some or all of them have magical powers and (rather conveniently) they can see us as they inhabit this same universe/reality, but they are invisible to us.
Reply 9
Original post by Adeel Ali
The unseen if you will. Ghosts spirits.. Another of Gods creations. However, he made us superior

Okay, thank you
Reply 10
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
From my understating jinn are beings made from smokeless fire that have free will and live in a similar way to us. Some or all of them have magical powers and (rather conveniently) they can see us as they inhabit this same universe/reality, but they are invisible to us.

Thanks, do you know anything less well known about Islamic beliefs on afterlife? Any info would be great
Thank you, I was also wondering (because I've heard different things) does Islam allow those who have not been exposed to Islam into paradise or not?

Islam says that if you are not muslim you will not enter paradise. As we believe this life is a test, Allah has put us on this earth with all this beautiful nature and so much biodiversity to make us realise there has to be a creator behind all this. And that creator is him. He has given every individual a chance to make their own decisions, one of those decisions beings to follow him or not. The quran mentions facts which scientists are discovering today. Yet people do not see it. Allah as given us this chance to rectify ourselves, he has given a chance to worship him. So hes not saying if you are non Muslim you will not enter paradise. He is saying worship me and I'll give you paradise.
Reply 12
Islam says that if you are not muslim you will not enter paradise. As we believe this life is a test, Allah has put us on this earth with all this beautiful nature and so much biodiversity to make us realise there has to be a creator behind all this. And that creator is him. He has given every individual a chance to make their own decisions, one of those decisions beings to follow him or not. The quran mentions facts which scientists are discovering today. Yet people do not see it. Allah as given us this chance to rectify ourselves, he has given a chance to worship him. So hes not saying if you are non Muslim you will not enter paradise. He is saying worship me and I'll give you paradise.

That's really helpful thank you
I have a book "the souls journey after death" written by islamic scholars
Its not that long, if you like you can PM your email and i can send a picture of the chapters in the book. And whatever chapter youre interested in i can send you pictures of it.

The while book is 20 pages (40 sides), with 8 chapters
Reply 14
I have a book "the souls journey after death" written by islamic scholars
Its not that long, if you like you can PM your email and i can send a picture of the chapters in the book. And whatever chapter youre interested in i can send you pictures of it.

The while book is 20 pages (40 sides), with 8 chapters

Yeah thanks that would be great
Just private message me your email
For my Synoptic exam in religious studies, I am researching Islamic beliefs on life after death and have found that on the day of judgment Allah will rise all the people and jinn from the dead, but I am unclear to what exactly a jinn is (all I can find is that they are something supernatural). Any help would be great, and also if there are any Muslims, or anyone who knows about Islam could give me some additional information on Islamic belief on life after death would also be greatly appreciated.

They were created from smokeless fire and are beings with free will who live in some sort of paralell dimension hence why we cant see them but the affects are clear with posessions. I recommend finding hadith on jinns.
Hey there, I'm doing religious studies as well (philosophy and ethics) and I did an essay on life after death and Islam that received a low A. PM me and I can send it to you if you want. Also, if you want more original, authentic info you can read some online translations of the Quran. Most Quran translation websites have a contents page of chapters (called surahs). You should try read Surah Qiyamah (literal translation is resurrection) which gives more detail on resurrection. It's also not that long. Good luck :-)
Reply 18
george bush
Reply 19
Original post by hasan6091
They were created from smokeless fire and are beings with free will who live in some sort of paralell dimension hence why we cant see them but the affects are clear with posessions. I recommend finding hadith on jinns.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending