Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to be happy? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How can I be happy? I want to suggest a medication change to my psychiatrist. I'm on aripiprazole and.sertraline and it's not working. It shouldn't be this hard. I've been signed.off.from work and.study so no pressure to worry about. I don't have friends and my parents don't like me. How.do I move.forward? I'm moving out soon. I feel awful.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what the person above said. I would try to help you and give you advice but I don't want to sound patronising and I would also be being very hypocritical.

Things will get better soon Its always darkest before the dawn

ReputationRep:
    There isn't a "how to" on being happy.

Suggest a medication change, although you need to allow time for medication to settle and "work". Surely you're talking to your psychiatrist about your thoughts, feelings and actions? if not, start.

As for friends - you have to put effort in. People will not suddenly become your friend without some form of interaction and commitment.

Your parents don't like you? This seems like a negative thought and share it with your psychiatrist to explore.

Moving out is stressful, if you can't handle work and studying right now I wouldn't suggest that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.