The Student Room Group

Are current affairs in Europe and the World making you nervous about the future?

I don't even think those in charge know how to deal with current situations properly, especially the threat of ISIS and the mass immigration into the EU.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The inevitable change in demographics in the next few decades paints a very grim future. My advice is get out of Europe and find a government who cares about their people.
Original post by Jebedee
The inevitable change in demographics in the next few decades paints a very grim future. My advice is get out of Europe and find a government who cares about their people.

Impossible, unrealistic and nonexistent.
Nope.

Why? Because I know Britain will make the right choice and leave the EU. I believe in the British people.

& this is coming from a guardian reading, Labour voting liberal.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Impossible, unrealistic and nonexistent.

True, how about one that at least still retains some nationalistic attitude and isn't hell bent on the destruction of its own indigenous population.
Original post by Jebedee
True, how about one that at least still retains some nationalistic attitude and isn't hell bent on the destruction of its own indigenous population.

I think the same adjectives apply again. Unless we're thinking of LICs, who still retain a sort of nationalistic fervour. It is impossible for many European countries to maintain a populous workforce without immigration. This is something that many perceive to be the destruction of the indigenous population.
Reply 6
Original post by Jebedee

Why would they want you (or me) though?

I've been thinking about emigrating, but not sure where, maybe Canada.
Reply 7
I think the same adjectives apply again. Unless we're thinking of LICs, who still retain a sort of nationalistic fervour. It is impossible for many European countries to maintain a populous workforce without immigration. This is something that many perceive to be the destruction of the indigenous population.

Need to improve the birth rate somehow. Women trying to be as unattractive as possible isn't helping much. (aka feminism)

Original post by llys
Why would they want you (or me) though?

I've been thinking about emigrating, but not sure where, maybe Canada.

I've had no problem in finding decent work in any country I have lived in.
Original post by Jebedee
Need to improve the birth rate somehow. Women trying to be as unattractive as possible isn't helping much. (aka feminism)

I'm a feminist and attractive :h:

If people wanted more children, they would have more children. There already are pro-natalist policies in place, but we do not have a replacement fertility rate.
Reply 9
I'm a feminist and attractive :h:

If people wanted more children, they would have more children. There already are pro-natalist policies in place, but we do not have a replacement fertility rate.

Many may not have children but they also don't want the entire Islamification of Europe. So people can't have their cake and eat it.
Reply 10
Original post by Jebedee

I've had no problem in finding decent work in any country I have lived in.

Neither have I, actually, but those were not "nationalistic" countries trying to protect their "indigenous population". Why would such a country want you to immigrate?
i feel like we're gonna end up with tories for a long time or even worse, ukip as a result. and i'm not a massive fan of either. so yeah i'm worried.
Original post by llys
Neither have I, actually, but those were not "nationalistic" countries trying to protect their "indigenous population". Why would such a country want you to immigrate?

From the host country's perspective they often welcome skilled workers with open arms if it helps their economy. I plan to remain in Japan as they will try anything and everything to raise the birth rate without resorting to mass immigration. Also if they did decide to supplement the workforce en mass with foreigners they would only accept non-muslim and educated workers.
I just don't like humanity as a whole.

Wish I was born as a penguin or a bear or something.
Germany is heading toward massive civil unrest.

THe rest of the EU probably wont be far behind
Reply 15
Original post by Longshot700
I just don't like humanity as a whole.

Wish I was born as a penguin or a bear or something.

Yes, I've considered that option as well.
Original post by KingKoala
I don't even think those in charge know how to deal with current situations properly, especially the threat of ISIS and the mass immigration into the EU.

I have been warning people of this for the past 5 or 6 years, infact a significant number of people have only to be continually ignored, slandered and dismissed. Terrorism, rape and degrading of social cohesion leading to civil unrest.

I am not nervous but you can be sure the coming decades are going to be very interesting indeed. Many lives will perish from then god awful myopism and disregard of their citizens welfare from the EU and UK elite. I can only hope it does effect me directly
Reply 17
Original post by RivalPlayer
I no longer think the UK is a good place to bring up a family and have a future.
Continued mass unchecked immigration, population growth, cultural changes and poor social cohesion, lack of school places and good teachers, housing, overburdened nhs and the exodus of UK trained doctors are among my concerns.

The rest of Europe is going to hell in my opinion and I expect things to only get worse in relation to the mass movement of people and terrorism.

Do you think due to recent events, Particularly events recently in Germany means the UK is now more likely than ever to leave the EU?
We can but hope.😊
Europe is finished, and the UK along with it I am afraid. It is only a matter of time.

Sweden will probably be the first to go. They are a wonderfully civilised people, with their hearts in the right place but their immigration and asylum policies have been so naive it is beggars belief.

They just thought they could invite anyone who wanted to come in as a refugee (more have come per head of population even than Germany recently and this follows years of being a "moral superpower") everyone already living there would pay for it with no objection, and all the different cultures would live together happily ever after.

But the UK is not that far behind in being culturally destroyed by uncontrolled mass immigration. Social cohesion is breaking down, anyone with eyes can see this, in fact our very nation state itself is falling apart. It is very very slow but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Like the experiment of the frog in the boiling water. As the water gets hotter and hotter it just adapts until eventually it is too late to jump out.

I would advise anyone who can to leave this country. Jump out of the pan while you still can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending