Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get out of the friend zone :( or forget about about a crush Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically i m 18 years old and in college and I really like this girl. My looks are mediocreish but I think that I have a decent personality in terms of confidence and how talkative I am. With the girl she s attractive and I really like her playful personality. I ve known her for about 4 months now and we talk after college almost everyday. The only problem is, is that I think I m deep in the friendzone. This seems like it s pretty common for guys like us but it seems different for me. She s really open with me and so am I to her and she hints to me that she likes me. For example a couple of days ago she licked my face when I was giving her a piggy back lol! However, this is where it starts to go downhill. She always references to me and other people how we're "manz" or "friends". Furthermore before the end of the holidays she said how we should hang out "as friends of course" which felt like a solid hit to chest for me (lmao) :/ This week and last week I told myself I don t want to have feelings for her. I want her to just be my friend (because in my opinion a friendship with her is better). But there still is something in me that says I want to be in a relationship with her. To be honest I just want to forget about liking her because it's actually just confusing for me :/

The thing is, it's actually affecting my mood. I've told one guy who I know but I don't wanna tell all my friends. I know most of them will be supportive if I say I like her but I want to keep it to myself. Some of my friends have realised I've been "thinking" a lot more recently where my happy mood would change into a more mellow mood as a result of thinking about her.

Please help me out lol )
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YungChicken)
    x
    Ah, that 'as friends of course' bit is kinda meh. I understand the 'I'd rather be friends with her than risk making a move' mentality but I don't think you'd get over someone that easily without cutting off contact for a while or getting rejected by them. So if I were you next time you were hanging out, I dunno, just try to hold her hand and see what happens, and if it goes 'badly', just play it off.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    For example a couple of days ago she licked my face when I was giving her a piggy back lol!
    Wat.

ReputationRep:
    Two options 1) ask her out 2) go out drinking with her and make a pass. If rejected in either event just move on and put your energy in to finding someone who is up for it. Don't faff about. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Wat.
    your avatar goes so well with your post :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Wat.
    exactly what was going through my head when she did that lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Ah, that 'as friends of course' bit is kinda meh. I understand the 'I'd rather be friends with her than risk making a move' mentality but I don't think you'd get over someone that easily without cutting off contact for a while or getting rejected by them. So if I were you next time you were hanging out, I dunno, just try to hold her hand and see what happens, and if it goes 'badly', just play it off.
    How can I play something like that off? What if she gets creeped out as soon as I do it

ReputationRep:
    Well if you do gang out as friends then sge's not wrong, also it's not like you guys are dating so she's gonna tell people you're friends, tbh it would be weird if she said you're more than friends. I think you both like each other but you're both scared to admit it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Two options 1) ask her out 2) go out drinking with her and make a pass. If rejected in either event just move on and put your energy in to finding someone who is up for it. Don't faff about. Good luck.
    She told me about how this guy asked her on an informal date and she was essentially ridiculing the idea, so I think that's out the picture sadly

ReputationRep:
    Give it time ... you'll know what your feelings are all about ... then you'll be sure what to do
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    How can I play something like that off? What if she gets creeped out as soon as I do it
    Sorry. To hold her hand and then be rejected would be difficult to play off. But say her hand was by her side while you were sitting together and you 'accidentally' touched.. should be a bit easier. 'Oops, sorry!'

ReputationRep:
    One does not simply get out of the friendzone. It's black gates are guarded by more than just orcs.

ReputationRep:
    forgetting techniques

focus drive and ambition elsewhere
    vodka and other spirits
    harder drugs
    collections

ReputationRep:
    You're not in 'the friendzone' - she is merely not attracted to you.
    Don't place the blame on her for that lmao (which is what you're doing by stating that you're in "The Friendzone")

ReputationRep:
    Stop thinking with your penis , she's just your friend and you are just horny find another girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oscar.)
    Well if you do gang out as friends then sge's not wrong, also it's not like you guys are dating so she's gonna tell people you're friends, tbh it would be weird if she said you're more than friends. I think you both like each other but you're both scared to admit it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that could be the case (hopefully lol). I purposely try and respond using "friendzone" language (just like she does) when she says something like "I retake my snapchats I send to you about 5 times" just to try and make it seem neutral. But she's the type of person to tell her friends if she likes a guy so... idk :////

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Sorry. To hold her hand and then be rejected would be difficult to play off. But say her hand was by her side while you were sitting together and you 'accidentally' touched.. should be a bit easier. 'Oops, sorry!'
    When you've been going out with that girl for 3 months now
    Made it out the f***** friend zone!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    When you've been going out with that girl for 3 months now
    Made it out the f***** friend zone!
    https://vine.co/v/i2awem7aB9u

Congrats

ReputationRep:
    The ONLY thing you can do is to stop being the "always there" friend. Try see another girl, do things without her. Let her miss you.

If you have a chance with her, she might then realise the friend zone dynamic isn't going to keep you around. THEN, you can spend time together and make a move.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.baconwrappedmedia.com/wp-...d-media-17.jpg

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.