Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have always been told that as an EU student I will have tuition covered by the Scottish government so it will be 0£ instead of 9000£. However, I checked EUCLID and it says that my predicted tuition fee is 1820£ and I checked that on
    http://www.docs.sasg.ed.ac.uk/fees/u...Programme_Name which seems to confirm that. Will I really have to pay 1820£?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael362)
    I have always been told that as an EU student I will have tuition covered by the Scottish government so it will be 0£ instead of 9000£. However, I checked EUCLID and it says that my predicted tuition fee is 1820£ and I checked that on
    http://www.docs.sasg.ed.ac.uk/fees/u...Programme_Name which seems to confirm that. Will I really have to pay 1820£?
    This explains it all:
    http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...y-in-scotland/

ReputationRep:
    So it is 1820£ by default but if I apply to SAAS, I will pay 0£ ?

ReputationRep:
    So it is 1820£ by default but if I apply to SAAS, I will pay 0£ ?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. Do I apply to SAAS now that Edinburgh have confirmed my reduced fees, or do I apply once I get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kookamooka)
    Hi there. Do I apply to SAAS now that Edinburgh have confirmed my reduced fees, or do I apply once I get an offer?
    Finance doesn't open until February for the new academic year, at least in England, and I'm assuming it's the same date in Scotland. It's up to you. You can apply in principle and change the details later if you don't get an offer. Depends how you feel about tempting fate.

ReputationRep:
    Can I apply for student finance (to get my tuition for the first year covered) once my place is confirmed (after receiving my IB results in early July)? Or it will be too late?

ReputationRep:
    Can I apply for student finance (to get my tuition for the first year covered) once my place is confirmed (after receiving my IB results in early July)? Or it will be too late?
    You can, but it's better to apply early and have it all sorted. Changes are easy to are if your plans change about destination, and if you don't get in, the application goes no further.

BTW, if you use the orange Reply button in the bottom right corner, it quotes in the person you are speaking to, so they know.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.