z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay so I'm an A2 comp student (OCR)
It's 4 units (both years out of 200, so 400 altogether)

at AS I got 75/100 for unit 1 and 74/100 for unit 2
all year last year i actually did MUCH better in unit 2 than unit 1 (got As throughout the year in unit 2, Ds throughout the year in unit 1)

However unit 2 is harder and I'm scared that this year's unit 2 exam will be as hard as it was last year because if it is I'm screwed, but if the unit 1 exam is of approx the same difficulty as it was last year I know if I revise I can get much higher (I didn't revise much if at all last year)

I'm not feeling that confident on the coursework and reckon I'll probably get around 60/80 which means i need 111/120 in the exam to scrape an A overall (and full marks if i want an A*)!

With that in mind which unit should I retake? unit 1 or unit 2? Should I retake at all or focus on just perfecting my knowledge on this year's unit 3 exam?
z33
Rep:
?
humpty dumbty bumped up the thread?
Maz A
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by z33)
Okay so I'm an A2 comp student (OCR)
It's 4 units (both years out of 200, so 400 altogether)

at AS I got 75/100 for unit 1 and 74/100 for unit 2
all year last year i actually did MUCH better in unit 2 than unit 1 (got As throughout the year in unit 2, Ds throughout the year in unit 1)

However unit 2 is harder and I'm scared that this year's unit 2 exam will be as hard as it was last year because if it is I'm screwed, but if the unit 1 exam is of approx the same difficulty as it was last year I know if I revise I can get much higher (I didn't revise much if at all last year)

I'm not feeling that confident on the coursework and reckon I'll probably get around 60/80 which means i need 111/120 in the exam to scrape an A overall (and full marks if i want an A*)!

With that in mind which unit should I retake? unit 1 or unit 2? Should I retake at all or focus on just perfecting my knowledge on this year's unit 3 exam?
If you are studying the same course I do think it would be wise to go for Unit 2 as inevitably you should gain more marks in it, doing Unit 1 will mean that you may gain more marks but there are less marks to gain so you will have to be really confident you will ace the exam. Unit 1 on heh other hand there is a larger margin to gain marks so it seems like a good idea to go for that exam, though it is harder, and you do enjoy that Unit better so hopefully you will perform better in it as well, good luck.
z33
Rep:
?
(Original post by Maz A)
If you are studying the same course I do think it would be wise to go for Unit 2 as inevitably you should gain more marks in it, doing Unit 1 will mean that you may gain more marks but there are less marks to gain so you will have to be really confident you will ace the exam. Unit 1 on heh other hand there is a larger margin to gain marks so it seems like a good idea to go for that exam, though it is harder, and you do enjoy that Unit better so hopefully you will perform better in it as well, good luck.
nope both are out of 100 though
unit 2 is harder but i usually do better in it
Maz A
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by z33)
nope both are out of 100 though
unit 2 is harder but i usually do better in it
Ahh ok, if you do better in Unit 2 seems like a good choice, likey to gain further marks in comparison to Unit 1.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?