The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

First-year student will answer all your questions!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrEvilside
I haven't seen other flats besides mine, so I can't tell, but in my room I have a bed, bedside table, window, wardrobe, desk, and desk chair. You don't have a sink, the only sinks in my flat are in the bathroom, toilet, and kitchen.

Okay thanks for replying :smile:
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 61
Original post by itsadaxox
Okay thanks for replying :smile:

No problem! In fact, your question gave me an idea, so, if you check my blog next Thursday, I will post a longer description of my room in Bateson as well as some pictures. Stay tuned! :wink:
Original post by MrEvilside
No problem! In fact, your question gave me an idea, so, if you check my blog next Thursday, I will post a longer description of my room in Bateson as well as some pictures. Stay tuned! :wink:

That's great !. I'll check it out next Thursday then :smile:
Whats the nightlife like in Halls and Portsmouth?
Reply 64
Original post by jamieTTTT
Whats the nightlife like in Halls and Portsmouth?

I'm not the right person to ask: I don't like partying, clubbing, or going to pub crawls; I usually stay in my room. However, Bateson is really quiet from that point of view, in my experience. James Watson is much more well-known for parties and stuff.
Reply 65
As promised, here is the post about catered and part-catered halls! Enjoy. :wink:
Reply 66
I hope this post about what rooms in Bateson Hall look like will be useful for you guys!
Reply 67
Reply 68
If you need help to find private accommodation, check out this post!
Reply 69
Read this to find out what the weather in Pompey is like all year round!
Reply 70
Here is my experience of a Faculty Open Day!
Reply 71
If you're afraid you won't be able to make friends at the beginning of uni, this post may help!
Reply 72
Reply 73
Find out what will happen to your favourite uni blog here!
Reply 74
If you're still not sure whether you want to go to uni, try reading this!
Reply 75
Explore Pompey and its surroundings: Southampton and Winchester!
Reply 76
For the last official post on my blog, have some Brighton and Chichester!

Thanks to all of you for reading J.A.S.I.P., asking questions, and supporting me! I appreciate it so much! Good luck with your UCAS application!
Reply 77
Good news for J.A.S.I.P.!

My blog has become a dream. I want to adapt the posts into script form, hoping to turn it into a graphic novel and get it published one day! The problem is that I can't afford to pay for a creative team to embark on this journey with me, so I'm trying to raise enough money to have the first episode (six pages) drawn!

If you want to contribute a little something, please follow this link: http://nicaevilside.blogspot.co.uk/p/donations-join-jasips-army_23.html

£1 from you would be one more step towards my dream. Thank you!
Hi there,

Do you know anything about the new Unite building on Greetham Street? I don't know how long it's been there for or if they've had any students living there yet as it's quite new I think.

Considering it's all bills included for a self-contained studio for £150 a week I'm seriously considering it, I don't want to live with anyone else (done that for my undergrad) and 95% of the private accommodation in the same price range (one bed flats and studios) are grotty as hell. Many of the private studios look like an abandoned retirement home so Unite seems like a relatively safe bet. Any thoughts?
Reply 79
Original post by tperriment
Hi there,

Do you know anything about the new Unite building on Greetham Street? I don't know how long it's been there for or if they've had any students living there yet as it's quite new I think.

Considering it's all bills included for a self-contained studio for £150 a week I'm seriously considering it, I don't want to live with anyone else (done that for my undergrad) and 95% of the private accommodation in the same price range (one bed flats and studios) are grotty as hell. Many of the private studios look like an abandoned retirement home so Unite seems like a relatively safe bet. Any thoughts?

As you said, Unite Building is very new (I think it's still under construction), so I've never been there nor is there anyone who has experience of it. However, if money isn't an issue for you (I currently pay a little more than £80 per week, all bills included plus wi-fi, and I only have to share kitchen and bathroom), then you can try and go for it. Anyway, since you can't choose the exact hall you want to live in, I suggest you look for private accommodation, too, so you're 100% sure you get the option you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending