The Student Room Group

My mums a gold digger and I can't stand it.

Hi,

So I'm 19 and my Mum went and got me some fried chicken and chips.

She came back and started joking about how she fluttered her eyelashes at him to give some more food, I was like "Oh" and then she said how she was joking and that it was a lie. I knew it wasn't.

I also found out the guy who fixes our house now and again she used sleep with to pay him off, I found out and she said how it's not right but she needs things fixed, and how we're not doing too bad out of it.

She also told some other stories about using other guys.

I'm a guy and I'm just worried crapless that a female is going to do this to me.

I just dunno how to feel about this.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Btw, this is not a troll. I literally don't know who to ask since most of the people I know are Church goers.
Reply 2
She got you chicken and chips, she can do no wrong.
Gotta use what god gave you. Be it breasts or brains.
Reply 4
DW I'm sure you will find your partner in due course. However, is the problem about women generally being gold diggers? (which they are not), your mother, or how you feel about the situation.
Yes, because the first thing I think of when hearing 'gold digger' is 'chicken and chips' smh.
Original post by kantdothis
Yes, because the first thing I think of when hearing 'gold digger' is 'chicken and chips' smh.

Gotta start somewhere fam
Don't know what I'd do if my mom was Kim Kardashian.
Original post by insert-username
Gotta use what god gave you. Be it breasts or brains.

Dayum. I feel like I've just read the most intel thing eva.
Reply 9
This thread is the reason why I shouldn't be on TSR during my revision breaks.
Woah, I genuinely feel for you OP. This would really piss me off. All respect to your mum and all, however, I do feel its a little bit low of your mother to be doing this.

I do find it odd that she told you about it-- even more to the point, the fact that she is okay doing it, in full knowledge you also know.

No offence and all, and I'm not trying to rattle you up. Are your family particularly religious? I get that impression from the under tones of the thread. In that case, I feel its also wrong, as a Christian should not conduct themselves in this manner. Not that I am a devout Christian myself, I just found it rather bizarre.

Also, fluttering your eyelids at someone could've been harmless flirting, and although its hard to accept this, it happens all the time. I know its not really comfortable to know as her son. The other thing about have sex with the guy that fixes your house is something else entirely. As is her saying your not 'doing too bad out of it'. Thats almost like your mother validating herself for it, because she's benefiting from it, and you're somehow a beneficiary of it.

Its not exactly prostitution per se, but it is a very transactional way of your mum viewing her sexuality. Exchanging favours for perks and advantages.

I don't think its very courteous of her to do it, let alone tell you and assume your okay with this sort of behaviour- no matter what your age.

I'd try and have a word with her and get her to nip it in the bud. It could be that your mum has low self esteem or this is a projection of how she feels. Maybe she feels aged and so wants to exude her sexuality to prove to herself she still 'has it'?

Either way, she has to respect your wishes and you need to communicate how you feel or you could move out.

Are you sure she wasn't trying to tease you about it- jokingly?
ngl I got a boner over this lol
Original post by Noodle0
Hey man, I do level 1 btec plumbing, let me know if she has any problems with her pipes or drains.

scrub i do L3 further colouring, i do colouring in without number:colone::u:
Original post by TheGuyWhoPhysics
scrub i do L3 further colouring, i do colouring in without number:colone::u:

I'm a plumbing apprentice so I'm gonna have to take it first. Let me know if my services are required OP
Original post by SAhm95
I'm a plumbing apprentice so I'm gonna have to take it first. Let me know if my services are required OP

I have the biggest tools for the job, plus I could do with the experience with both plumbing and older women.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

So I'm 19 and my Mum went and got me some fried chicken and chips.

She came back and started joking about how she fluttered her eyelashes at him to give some more food, I was like "Oh" and then she said how she was joking and that it was a lie. I knew it wasn't.

I also found out the guy who fixes our house now and again she used sleep with to pay him off, I found out and she said how it's not right but she needs things fixed, and how we're not doing too bad out of it.

She also told some other stories about using other guys.

I'm a guy and I'm just worried crapless that a female is going to do this to me.

I just dunno how to feel about this.

cheap sket like wheres the gold @
I always remember my 1st time at uni (went part time first then a few years out then full time) this girl was about 19 a single mum and we were having a drink with friends after class, she decided she wanted to stay out all night despite not even having £1 on her, she phoned her own mum and asked her to look after her baby (who was only a few months old) as she wanted to stay out this was barely 6pm.

She went to the bar and I myself was skint, she fluttered her eyelashes at me and asked for a free drink and I said I couldnt afford it and she was like "oh im a single mum I am poor"(despite her having the latest phone, brand name clothes, talked at table about having her hair done at a salon costing about £50 etc) She then went to barman and demanded a free drink again mentioning she was a poor single mother, at which point I said to her "if you have a young baby shouldnt you be spending all your time and money on it and not making your own mother babysit whilst you get drunk" at which point she decided to go around the bar flirting with random men and when they ran out of cash/refused to buy her one or more she walked to next sucker and at one point she wouldnt take no for an answer from a man who said he had a girlfriend at which point his girlfriend arrived and she got chucked out, found out after she was out to past 3am clubbing doing the same thing.

Found out the next day at uni she reported me for SEXUAL HARASSMENT! and also abuse for claiming she was a slapper as she was a single mum.

And a few months after that she dropped out of uni as never handed in work and guess where she found work. THE JOBCENTRE! at which point I heard her say to more than 1 client "you can't get free money, you have to work for it, you are lazy" etc.
Original post by drbluebox
I always remember my 1st time at uni (went part time first then a few years out then full time) this girl was about 19 a single mum and we were having a drink with friends after class, she decided she wanted to stay out all night despite not even having £1 on her, she phoned her own mum and asked her to look after her baby (who was only a few months old) as she wanted to stay out this was barely 6pm.

She went to the bar and I myself was skint, she fluttered her eyelashes at me and asked for a free drink and I said I couldnt afford it and she was like "oh im a single mum I am poor"(despite her having the latest phone, brand name clothes, talked at table about having her hair done at a salon costing about £50 etc) She then went to barman and demanded a free drink again mentioning she was a poor single mother, at which point I said to her "if you have a young baby shouldnt you be spending all your time and money on it and not making your own mother babysit whilst you get drunk" at which point she decided to go around the bar flirting with random men and when they ran out of cash/refused to buy her one or more she walked to next sucker and at one point she wouldnt take no for an answer from a man who said he had a girlfriend at which point his girlfriend arrived and she got chucked out, found out after she was out to past 3am clubbing doing the same thing.

Found out the next day at uni she reported me for SEXUAL HARASSMENT! and also abuse for claiming she was a slapper as she was a single mum.

And a few months after that she dropped out of uni as never handed in work and guess where she found work. THE JOBCENTRE! at which point I heard her say to more than 1 client "you can't get free money, you have to work for it, you are lazy" etc.

Well, my mum doesn't drink. She doesn't go from one guy to another like the woman you knew.
Original post by Noodle0
Hey man, I do level 1 btec plumbing, let me know if she has any problems with her pipes or drains.

Original post by SAhm95

Original post by Noodle0
I have the biggest tools for the job, plus I could do with the experience with both plumbing and older women.

Reply 19
How do you know you aren't the milkman's son after your mother behaves like this ?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending