Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Work colleague asking me about my baby and my baby's dad Watch

Announcements

So I recently started a new job and Ive had to spend some hours in the i.t department. I've got a crush on one of the guys that works there but I am struggling to decode his behaviour. I've only been here two weeks.

He goes out of his way to talk to me, laughs and makes jokes with me but will then become nervous if I am going for lunch to the same place and will not
    Invite me to grab lunch. He seems nervous every lunch time so I don't ask to come along as just go to the same place after him.

The only chance we've ever had where we are alone together he asked me about my son straight away, all about my son and if I was still with his dad. I found that a strange question for him to be interested in. He remembered everything I said on the subject and asked about other personal
    Things like was my pregnancy planned.

He has helped me by showing me round the building and training me on a few systems which isn't his job.

He talks about the gym and women that fancy him. He has an unserious thing with a girl he's not sure about (his words). He's very gentlemanly with me but then will make a deliberate effort to ignore me at times.

Today he asked for my number Incase my train was delayed due to snow and I could text him.

Do you think the ignoring me and not wanting me to come for lunch is a sure sign he's not interested? I don't want to waste energy if he's definetly not.
    But are there signs that he is do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like he's interested but not at all prepared to be in a committed relationship. I'm the exact same :s

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.