Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriends reaction to my accident Watch

Announcements

I was in a car accident, at the time he was out with his friends. I've messaged him to let him know what happened. His reply was "I hope you're okay babe". That's it. Continued spending time with friends. I've said I'm in hospital and probably won't be coming back to uni in 3 days like I thought to which he said "that's lame". End of the conversation.

Feel so let down, when something happened to him I was by his side. He showed no interest, didn't call, didn't even seem sincerely interested in my condition. What shall I do😔

ReputationRep:
    Huh, yeah. Kind of weird. I know I'd be there in a second.

speak to him about it i hope u get well soon x

ReputationRep:
    You should probably confront him about it. I don't think it's ok to respond like that when your supposed 'other half' has been in an accident.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with all of the other responses on this, I'm afraid.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    That's rubbish on his part.

Would have a serious talk if I were you. Or just walk away and never look back.

ReputationRep:
    ugh prick.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be disappointed too, he doesn't seem to care at all really. I mean you're in hospital for Christ sake and all he said was "that's lame"? What a ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    That's rubbish on his part.

Would have a serious talk if I were you. Or just walk away and never look back.
    Agree with this, I mean obviously this thread is all we have to go on with this relationship.

But if my SO didn't even sound sincere or even bother to come visit me if I was in the hospital after a car crash, I would almost definitely leave him. I couldn't be with someone so uncaring.

ReputationRep:
    Are you serious? What the actual ****.

(Original post by theloneegg)
    You should probably confront him about it. I don't think it's ok to respond like that when your supposed 'other half' has been in an accident.
    I did. I texted him saying I thought he'd be a little bit more worried and would check up. He said he's worried but he's out with his friends and he's speaking to them. I told him it's hardly like I picked to be in an accident the night he was out, but he just said its his friends birthday and something is always wrong with me (I've been in hospital a lot last year).. I can't believe this. I was in an accident and he's too busy because it's his friends birthday

ReputationRep:
    Well, you know how much or little he values you now. So learn from it and look for someone else. He won't suddenly change his character and become the man you want and thought he was.

If you continue with him, expect it to get worse not better.

ReputationRep:
    Get a new bf

ReputationRep:
    Just to build on from what the others have said, you should test him. Give him a situation to prove his love for you, and then you'll know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    just leave the ****.

(Original post by Joel 96)
    Just to build on from what the others have said, you should test him. Give him a situation to prove his love for you, and then you'll know what to do.
    none of this bull****. just leave the ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I did. I texted him saying I thought he'd be a little bit more worried and would check up. He said he's worried but he's out with his friends and he's speaking to them. I told him it's hardly like I picked to be in an accident the night he was out, but he just said its his friends birthday and something is always wrong with me (I've been in hospital a lot last year).. I can't believe this. I was in an accident and he's too busy because it's his friends birthday
    ??!!

I would leave him on the spot. By phone/text.

ReputationRep:
    Atleast youre not dead, congrats on surviving,

Youre overthinking and being emotional, if you think he doesnt care then why did you start a relationship with him?

ReputationRep:
    dump him on the spot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star-girl)
    ??!!

I would leave him on the spot. By phone.
    :five:

trust us OP

ReputationRep:
    I don't know near enough about your relationship to say whether to leave him or not but if he's constantly or often behaving in an 'I don't care' way, maybe you should rethink your relationship with him :P

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.