The Student Room Group

Boyfriends reaction to my accident

Scroll to see replies

I've told him I was upset that that's all he said. Not even I love you. I told him he could've left for 5 minutes to ring me. Like if he had an accident I would've been panicking and worrying about him so much. And he sounds like a distant friend or a stranger for that matter!

He had a go at me saying how I could be like this the one night he decided to spend with his friends.. As if I pick when something happens to me 😪 I feel let down again, just couldn't believe it would happen at a time like this
Original post by Anonymous
I was in a car accident, at the time he was out with his friends. I've messaged him to let him know what happened. His reply was "I hope you're okay babe". That's it. Continued spending time with friends. I've said I'm in hospital and probably won't be coming back to uni in 3 days like I thought to which he said "that's lame". End of the conversation.

Feel so let down, when something happened to him I was by his side. He showed no interest, didn't call, didn't even seem sincerely interested in my condition. What shall I do😔

maybe he thought it was a joke? Do you sometimes joke about ****ed up things?

Edit: just read your above post. Dump him.
I did. I texted him saying I thought he'd be a little bit more worried and would check up. He said he's worried but he's out with his friends and he's speaking to them. I told him it's hardly like I picked to be in an accident the night he was out, but he just said its his friends birthday and something is always wrong with me (I've been in hospital a lot last year).. I can't believe this. I was in an accident and he's too busy because it's his friends birthday

I'd leave him on the spot for saying that to be honest.

Honestly, why are you with someone who doesn't care you were in a car accident and doesn't care if you're in hospital just because you've been there before?

Please, do yourself a favour and realise you deserve much better than this.
You're in a hospital. You're surrounded by sexy doctors and nurses and, frankly, pneumonia patients, all of whom are likely more attractive than this **** that obviously doesn't give a toss if you live or die. Suck off a geriatric.
Original post by Joel 96
Just to build on from what the others have said, you should test him. Give him a situation to prove his love for you, and then you'll know what to do.

Already happened with the car accident surely? This was such a situation and imo he failed miserably.
Perhaps he feels guilty so he cant bear to be in hospital.
Reply 26
Would dump by text and never look back
Original post by SophieSmall
Agree with this, I mean obviously this thread is all we have to go on with this relationship.

But if my SO didn't even sound sincere or even bother to come visit me if I was in the hospital after a car crash, I would almost definitely leave him. I couldn't be with someone so uncaring.

I've been in hospital for an ongoing health issue the past few months and it meant ending up in a&e out of the blue a lot. He only came once. all the other times he had other plans. Yet he looks after drunk girls in clubs till they're okay. Just feel like absolute ****
I've been in hospital for an ongoing health issue the past few months and it meant ending up in a&e out of the blue a lot. He only came once. all the other times he had other plans. Yet he looks after drunk girls in clubs till they're okay. Just feel like absolute ****

Just wow how did you manage to pick an ******* like him? Dump his ass :lol:
I've told him I was upset that that's all he said. Not even I love you. I told him he could've left for 5 minutes to ring me. Like if he had an accident I would've been panicking and worrying about him so much. And he sounds like a distant friend or a stranger for that matter!

He had a go at me saying how I could be like this the one night he decided to spend with his friends.. As if I pick when something happens to me 😪 I feel let down again, just couldn't believe it would happen at a time like this

Whaaaaaaat?!

You literally know what to do now. Screw him and his beyond selfishness. Don't even bother calling him. Dump him by text/over facebook and don't look back. He doesn't even deserve you talking to him.
Original post by Star-girl
Already happened with the car accident surely? This was such a situation and imo he failed miserably.

His argument was that he looks after me often enough (he really doesn't. I was always in hospital without him there) and that he just wanted to be with his friends for one night

Honestly and you're still with him? He priorities drunk girls he doesn't even know over his hospitalized girlfriend and you've still been with him?

Like why? Why are you with this jackass?

Why did you stay with him for so long? :nothing: It sounds like he is just using you for your kindness.
speak to him about it i hope u get well soon x

Seriously why go anon?

But OP, I definitely don't think you're being unfair expecting more of a reaction. If it were my girlfriend I would be making all kind of efforts to try and lift her spirits.
Omg I'm so sorry :frown: first, I hope you get well soon, sorry to hear about the car accident. Must have been traumatic :frown:

Second, I'm sorry you didn't get the support you needed from your partner. He's your partner, he should care about you and this was the perfect test to see if he does care about you. Unfortunately, to me he's failed the test. You need his support, his love and comfort, yet he cannot even send you a text or call you (if he wasn't able to physically be there with you in the hospital). I know I'd run without hesitating to see the man I love if something horrible had happened, like a car accident!

Focus on getting better. Don't bother texting him to tell him how you feel, the sad thing is he doesn't care about you, as much as you thought he did; he won't care how you feel if he doesn't care about your health. Get better and deal with this guy afterwards
Reply 35
Seriously get rid. If you stay with him, good luck it probably will just continue. No point in trying to change him.
His argument was that he looks after me often enough (he really doesn't. I was always in hospital without him there) and that he just wanted to be with his friends for one night

His argument is clearly BS. Seriously. It hurts but you really need to just dump him asap - right this second, focus on getting better. You will find someone better because he is honestly scum.
Original post by Star-girl
Why did you stay with him for so long? :nothing: It sounds like he is just using you for your kindness.

I've left my friends endless times to look after him. I left my house at 3am and got the bus for 30 minutes to take him to hospital not long ago. Yet he can't even send a sincere text. I think the time has really come to walk away. I feel alone in a relationship so I might as well be alone without him and that'll be no different..
You deserve better. If you care about someone, your priorities reflect that. Protect your self-esteem, and think about whether you should be in a relationship with someone who treats you like that. I'd usually try not to express a strong view, but his behaviour sounds appalling.
I've left my friends endless times to look after him. I left my house at 3am and got the bus for 30 minutes to take him to hospital not long ago. Yet he can't even send a sincere text. I think the time has really come to walk away. I feel alone in a relationship so I might as well be alone without him and that'll be no different..

Exactly - you are far better off without him. He is not even worth feeling bad about. Don't look back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending