Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is a semi open relationship possible or morally right? Watch

Announcements

I am a girl attracted to both sexes, I also have mild aspergers which may be the reason for my thoughs but the way I feel is sexually I feel bonded to each person I sleep with so want their companionship but at the same time still attracted to other people so a regular relationship would not work for me.

I would need a person to have sex with and maybe have a threesome now and again or even have a one night stand and afterwards still come back and be emotionally attached to that person in the bed.

I could not handle sex with a stranger or even a """ buddy if I came home alone and it was just sex,

Not sure what to think.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're polyamorous.

Plenty of people of are and there are many people in successful long term poly relationships. The thing about relationships like that is that they're centred on complete openness and consent amongst all parties. For example a married couple might be in a poly relationship in that they will remain married/love each other etc but openly date/have relationships with other people. For example a married woman might have a boyfriend and the husband and boyfriend are aware and happy with it and the husband might even be in a relationship with someone else. All the while their marriage remains perfectly intact, they still love each other and have a good relationship.

If that's how you are then thats how you are and that's perfectly fine. polyamorous literally means 'to love many'. It's not about using people or just having a side hoe etc, its about open consent and forming happy loving relationships with multiple people who are aware of the involvement of each other. Now that you know that you are polyamorous its just a matter of finding other polyamorous people to date.

There's not immoral or wrong with being polyamorous or non-monogamous.
    Everyone is different and as long as consent and trust is present in a relationship (or relationships) then it will succeed. Poly relationships aren't for everyone and likewise monogamy isn't for everyone either. I'm personally monogamous myself but have a close friend who is polyamorous and has been in successful long term relationships.

Well theres another issue, after sex I feel dirty and ashamed so don't want to see or speak to a partner after then slowly in bed cuddle up to them again till the feelings out my system.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.