Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UCAS deadline day - are you happy with your uni choices? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you happy with your uni choices?
    Yes
    59.78%
    No
    9.85%
    I'm having second thoughts....
    30.38%

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Leicester but I'm not sure whether I'd actually like to go there. Same about Kent, I really love Canterbury (and Whitstable) but I'd prefer to go to uni to a place I've never been before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelemyqueen)
    I applied for Leicester but I'm not sure whether I'd actually like to go there. Same about Kent, I really love Canterbury (and Whitstable) but I'd prefer to go to uni to a place I've never been before.
    Snap with Kent as I live in the Whitstable area. Good uni but too close to home.. and club chem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Snap with Kent as I live in the Whitstable area. Good uni but too close to home.. and club chem

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let's not talk about club chem... What school are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    Let's not talk about club chem... What school are you going to?
    Was at the girls school in Canterbury :P ...now I'm at Herne Bay you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very happy - despite my rejection from Oxford, I've got a very achievable offer (A*AA) to study Law in London, which is my dream city to live and work in for some weird reason I'm happy that this process is finally drawing to a close, so that I can finally invest a proper amount of time in my A-Levels...

ReputationRep:
    Was at the girls school in Canterbury :P ...now I'm at Herne Bay you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I went to Archies

ReputationRep:
    I went to Archies
    Oooh nice on a gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oooh nice on a gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah on an exchange year to England
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Kind of happy that I took the plunge to self study 3 a-levels this year, re-apply to high spec universities and ultimately, reject my confirmed insurance place at Reading.

It's been super stressful preparing for 16 exams but the offers I've recieved are so much of a motivator. I'm honoured that even after a disastrous scottish advanced higher results day (involving me missing my firm choice at Notts), that universities like Warwick, UCL, Nottingham (again) have given me offers. It's a stamp of 'yes, you are capable of studying here now go get the grades!'. So thankful that I have this opportunity to prove myself

Everyone in August thought I was a bit crazy for giving up a place at Reading (which by no means is a poor institution, it's great) to risk getting no offers and worst of all even attempting an application for Oxford. Now, I'm sitting here with offers I couldn't believe I'd get and a work ethic to achieve the grades I need.

My takeaway is: weigh up the risks and rewards of any choice you make in life, but above all, own your decision - be resilient to setbacks.

ReputationRep:
    sent mine in months ago, got 3/5 acceptances which is good. the only thing I regret is wasting the other 2 places on unis which had expected grades waaaaaay out of my league. I did say that to my dad beforehand but he was insistent that I apply to these A*AA places with ABB predictions

ReputationRep:
    I'm very happy with my choice- I was being risky and only went for 1 choice, but luckily I had an offer, I am very pleased and looking forward to next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    I'm pretty happy with mine, I received 5 offers to study sociology from Brighton, Exeter, Surrey, Essex and LSE and have firmed LSE and insured Essex
    Hiya, I'm a final year student at Essex so if you have any questions about the university please feel free to ask as I'm more than happy to help

^Sharmila

ReputationRep:
    I went to University years ago and chose Business Management with Accounting.

Worst decision I ever made, my grades were horrific and I dropped out. I thought it would be a good subject to take but I didn't really think things through or follow my passion. 3 years later I went back to University and studied Biology and Chemistry and it was the best thing I ever did. I achieved a 2:1 and got myself a career.

Think long and hard about your degree decision, it is a massive one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Hi y'all :wavey:

The UCAS deadline has now passed :five:

For those of you already receiving offers and for those of making your application today are you happy with your original choices?

Are the offers what you were expecting? :daydreaming:

Any rejections that you weren't anticipating? :cry2:

Here's some helpful advice about what you can do next - just in case :grouphugs:

Best of luck everyone :wizard2:

How to make your firm and insurance choices

What to do if you've missed the UCAS January deadline

UCAS Extra
    Somehow managed to receive offers from all five of the uni’s I applied to. Although I’m starting to regret one of my choices as I’ve found a uni I prefer the look of out of the ones I chose

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've fully appreciated how lucky I was to get an offer for engineering at Manchester despite my average AS grades.

I honestly thought I would get 5 rejections and I was applying with the intention of going to adjustment. But it turns out I got 5 offers all from RG Uni's. I didn't even need interviews. I guess my PS, GCSE's and reference saved me.

ReputationRep:
    I am really happy with my choices I have received 4 offers and I am waiting for my last offer, but I got the uni that I really wanted to go to
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Applied for

Swansea
    Edinburgh
    Liverpool
    De Montfort, Leicester
    Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elelizabeth)
    Been offered unconditional for Sheffield woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! What course? If you don't mind me asking, what were your AS and predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    I'm super happy with my Uni choices

I got in to my first choice with a nice entry requiement (Teesside Games Development) and i have offers from 3 others. Waiting for my interview to get my last offer!

ReputationRep:
    Me! What is your first language?
    Very cool! Mine is German actually... and I am so excited although I must confess that I am also really impressed by the number of applications expected for this year's entry... 60000 that's quite a lot. And what's yours? For what did you apply?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.