The Student Room Group

Article: The eight most underrated universities decided by students

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The University of Hull is underrated. It has political alumni to rival Oxford and Cambridge and does well with Politics and History. Look at Labour's frontbench, Tom Watson, Rosie Winterton, Jon Trickett and Karl Turner all attended Hull, as did John Prescott. Brilliant political prospects. Plus the city is far nicer than people think...
Reply 21
Now that I look at each of those uni, most them are in the top 10 for having the highest number of students applying their and putting it as their firm/insurance.
Nottingham and Bath are overrated. Agree with UEA, Sussex and Manchester as well as Southampton. Lancaster is pretty underrated too i would say.
What are views on the University of Hull and University of Huddersfield? If I went to Hull I would study the BA in PPE whereas at Huddersfield I would be studying Politics and Economics Bsc.
Reply 24
Original post by freemarketeer
What are views on the University of Hull and University of Huddersfield? If I went to Hull I would study the BA in PPE whereas at Huddersfield I would be studying Politics and Economics Bsc.

You definitely need to study politics, your profile pic shows you know **** all.
Original post by jrobbo56
You definitely need to study politics, your profile pic shows you know **** all.

I've studied economics, so yes I may be a little biased. Labour have good ideals, however the way they go around achieving them is ******* ridiculous. Our economy is WAY better off than it was before 2010, and austerity is the only way we can build our way out of the giant mess Labour got us into. People moan that we're still taking out loans yet moan when we try to cut costs. I can't wait for the next election when Labour get into office just so I can laugh when they **** everything up again. Also just because I'm conservative does not mean to say I agree with everything Cameron does. I disagree with what he did to tuition fees, I disagree with the air strikes and I disagree with him patronising the working class through penny beer cuts.
The University of Hull is underrated. It has political alumni to rival Oxford and Cambridge and does well with Politics and History. Look at Labour's frontbench, Tom Watson, Rosie Winterton, Jon Trickett and Karl Turner all attended Hull, as did John Prescott. Brilliant political prospects. Plus the city is far nicer than people think...

I went to Hull :woo: Maybe I'm in the wrong job :beard:

Original post by freemarketeer

Heya, the uni of Hull forum is here, you should be able to find lots of info about it there. :h:
I want to go to St Andrews :h:

I do think both St Andrews and Bath are quite underrated.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I want to go to St Andrews :h:

I do think both St Andrews and Bath are quite underrated.

Putting the list together made me intrigued by St Andrews. :lol: I want to know what 'May Dip' and 'Raisin Weekend' are :ninja:
Reply 29
When I see Manchester, I think Brian Cox...

How many Prime Ministers went to Hull uni?
This list lost all credibility when it included Nottingham, if anything, it's one of the most over-rated unis out there.
I have to say Cardiff is underrated. It has amazing healthcare programmes (specifically medicine and physiotherapy), yet nobody seems to want to go to Cardiff. Maybe its because of it being in Wales?
Original post by Natalierm2707
I have to say Cardiff is underrated. It has amazing healthcare programmes (specifically medicine and physiotherapy), yet nobody seems to want to go to Cardiff. Maybe its because of it being in Wales?

My friend went to Cardiff and had an amazing time. The city is ace for night's out and shopping too.

I think as a uni it has good reputation though :h:
Original post by She-Ra
My friend went to Cardiff and had an amazing time. The city is ace for night's out and shopping too.

I think as a uni it has good reputation though :h:

amazing city and nightlife aside Cardiff university are undertaking some world class research, just opened a new brain imagining centre etc. Everyone who studies here loves it (which cannot be said for some of the more highly ranked universities)!
Love seeing my uni getting destroyed in this thread xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have to agree with you there. I didn't go for it specifically because it's in Wales. I know a guy who is set on there though
Original post by Bright_Gift
I have to agree with you there. I didn't go for it specifically because it's in Wales. I know a guy who is set on there though

Wales is lovely and Cardiff is the cheapest student city (with super cheap student rent!)... I think English folk just dont consider Wales.
Wales is lovely and Cardiff is the cheapest student city (with super cheap student rent!)... I think English folk just dont consider Wales.

I have no doubt that Cardiff has a great city but distance. My parents' eyes twitches at the sound of Leeds. I didn't want to push it with Wales
Original post by Bright_Gift
I have no doubt that Cardiff has a great city but distance. My parents' eyes twitches at the sound of Leeds. I didn't want to push it with Wales

I had the same problem, i think i eventually won my mum over with the cheap accommodation and the direct train though!

best of luck with everything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending