This discussion is closed.
Chima
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Just womdering...
1) Are you staying at home?
2)If not, how much are you paying for accomodation?

i wanna know the first one because loads of my friends, almost all of them have said they're leaving home for university, but now a lot of them are either regretting their choice or actually deciding to stay at home. i know a handful of people who are leaving home. second one was just a random question. :rolleyes:
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
Just womdering...

i wanna know the first one because loads of my friends, almost all of them have said they're leaving home for university, but now a lot of them are either regretting their choice or actually deciding to stay at home. i know a handful of people who are leaving home. second one was just a random question. :rolleyes:
1) Go No!!!
2) Probably £78 / week (self-catered) :eek:
kirbz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No not staying at home, willing to pay maximum of about £85 per week for accomodation. Stayng at home isnt an option for me really, it's 4 hours away the uni I'm going to from home.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
Just womdering...

leaving home of course
kriztinae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
Just womdering...

hell no why stay home when you canleave??
and 73.36 pounds a week!
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'm leaving home, can't remember how much my rent is (it's self-catered)

i wouldn't stay at home for uni, athough i am a bit nervous about going so far away from home cos i can't pop home for the weekend, it's a good 5 hours travelling and i'm going to be ages away from my bf

lou xxx
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
Just womdering...

I am leaving home, I want my boundless freedom As I'm going to south kensington, my rent is anything between £80 pw to £120 pw for a single room, which may be ensuite or catered.
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
Leaving home and I can't wait, accommodation for me will be about £90 pw catered in Bristol.
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
Leaving home and I can't wait, accommodation for me will be about £90 pw catered in Bristol.
Hey, you won't die of self cause food poisoning now!
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
athough i am a bit nervous about going so far away from home cos i can't pop home for the weekend
Look at it from the postitive / my point of view....at least your family can't just pop up to see YOU (huge bonus for me)!!!
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
Look at it from the postitive / my point of view....at least your family can't just pop up to see YOU (huge bonus for me)!!!
Ditto. Oh no, wait, I'm only an hour away by train. Dang!
Whats_The_411?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
Just womdering...

1. No. I am leaving home and can't wait.
2. Accomodation costs £57 per week for own room and sharing a flat with four other people in the village. The flat has five single bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen. I'm excited.
Marie55
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1) I'm leaving home and am looking forward very much to the independence and meeting people but I'll miss my family. Overall glad that I'm leaving though.
2) I think it's about £97 pw catered at St Andrews. They just put it up and are putting it up again next year, so I think I'll just have 1 year in hall.
hester
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'm leaving home and i'm sooo looking forward to it! not that i hate my home, i'm just excited!! but i am slightly worried about being over 6 hours away. if i wanted to go home i'd have to travel for a whole day on the train, so i cant exactly go back for the odd weekend..

my accomodation is £76 per week self catered, in a new place - only opened this year, and for that i get an ensuite, satellite tv in the main room, free broadband internet and a DOUBLE bed!! thats the bit i'm most exicted about :P lol.

What do other ppl get for what they are paying for? and also, how many ppl do u share a flat with? i'll be with 7!! that seems like quite a lot..
Philibob
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1. Leaving home (although that's starting to seem quite scary now)
2. About £58 a week I think (en-suite)
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hester)
i'm leaving home and i'm sooo looking forward to it! not that i hate my home, i'm just excited!! but i am slightly worried about being over 6 hours away. if i wanted to go home i'd have to travel for a whole day on the train, so i cant exactly go back for the odd weekend..

my accomodation is £76 per week self catered, in a new place - only opened this year, and for that i get an ensuite, satellite tv in the main room, free broadband internet and a DOUBLE bed!! thats the bit i'm most exicted about :P lol.

What do other ppl get for what they are paying for? and also, how many ppl do u share a flat with? i'll be with 7!! that seems like quite a lot..
mine's en-suite and with internet connection. i decided to go in halls not flats cos all the flats where i'm goin are about 7/8 people and i thought that was too many.

where are you going? finally someone else who has a whole day of travel to get home, most of my friends (and my twin brother) are goin to unis that a are a couple of hours away

lou xxx
[-David-]
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i'll be paying about £50 a week for accommodation
who_me
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm moving away to Kent. Will be paying around 60 squiddly pops per week for self catered accommodation.
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Chima)
Just womdering...

staying at home. However, it isn't the parental home, but my own home, so maybe a little different. Mortgage and bills will probably cost aprox £100 a week
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kirbz)
No not staying at home, willing to pay maximum of about £85 per week for accomodation. Stayng at home isnt an option for me really, it's 4 hours away the uni I'm going to from home.
exactly the same for me! we're going to the same university and its 4 hours away by train
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (61)
51.69%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
8.47%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
11.86%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (30)
25.42%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (3)
2.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed