Turn on thread page Beta

If ur going to uni this september... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    staying at home. However, it isn't the parental home, but my own home, so maybe a little different. Mortgage and bills will probably cost aprox £100 a week
    So wait, you have a house in oxford as well as london? Or do you get free college accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    So wait, you have a house in oxford as well as london? Or do you get free college accomodation?
    Noo - I live in London now - have done since the end of last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    mine's en-suite and with internet connection. i decided to go in halls not flats cos all the flats where i'm goin are about 7/8 people and i thought that was too many.

where are you going? finally someone else who has a whole day of travel to get home, most of my friends (and my twin brother) are goin to unis that a are a couple of hours away

lou xxx
    i'm going down to falmouth in cornwall, an i live in bham at the moment. it only takes 4 1/2 hours by car but by train it takes 6-8!! but then again i'm gonna fly from newquay to london cos its slightly quicker and, believe it or not, its cheaper!!!

ReputationRep:
    Noo - I live in London now - have done since the end of last year.
    Oh goody, so you know where all the good places to go are then

ReputationRep:
    I am going into catered halls - will be costing me £108.15 (it is forever etched in my mind!) per week.

I am most definately not staying at home - a) it would be impossible due to the four hour drive/5-6 hour train journey and b) I don't want to.

If there is one thing this gap year has taught me it's that I am now most definately ready to leave home - I have been going back and forth between my home and being away - and I need about 2 weeks to readjust to living with my mum every time I return.

Part of me would prefer to be going self catering - because I quite enjoy domestic/looking after myself chores - but I'm happy with my choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirrel)
    I am going into catered halls - will be costing me £108.15 (it is forever etched in my mind!) per week.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Where you going? The University of Ripoffsville?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Where you going? The University of Ripoffsville?

That'll be Exeter then

I'm not that bothered - only thing I'm worried about is how to convince myself that my £50 pw extra spending money (what's left over from my loan) is NOT to be used to satisfy my 'new clothes' fetish :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.