Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

JP Morgan Apprenticeship 2016 Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiej793)
    Hi,

Did you all apply for the Finance role or Technical?

What was the phone interview like? What should I expect?
    I applied for financial services, it didn't specify, and seems very vague so far on what the programme actually offers.

The phone call interview was very easy going - just do some research into JP Morgan and you'll be fine. Especially the services they offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumjacko)
    I applied for financial services, it didn't specify, and seems very vague so far on what the programme actually offers.

The phone call interview was very easy going - just do some research into JP Morgan and you'll be fine. Especially the services they offer.
    Thanks, I have my phone interview next week and I wanted to prepare myself. Have you done yours recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiej793)
    Thanks, I have my phone interview next week and I wanted to prepare myself. Have you done yours recently?
    Yeah i did mine a month or two ago, but it was through BPP and im currently awaiting my assessment centre day which is in February.

Just do some research into the company. The only questions i can remember are:
    Why you want to to participate in this programme and where do you see yourself in 5 years time.

ReputationRep:
    So I'm through to the assessment day on the 17th Feb and was wondering if anyone could share some insight into the day? I was initially informed that we would receive a pack through the post with a case study and further information but it doesn't seem like thats the case? as there is likely to be between 300-500 people going through the assessment day I was wondering if anyone had any tips? not the obvious (do your research, stand out but don't be too arrogant etc.) any further tips around what the assessment criteria seemed to be like?
    Cheers,
    Matt

ReputationRep:
    Hi, how did everyone's assessment centre go? I got a phone call yesterday saying they would like to see me again on wedenesday 22nd feb. Anyone else get a call back?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have an interview at the Assessment Center but its for the Summer Technology Analyst Program.
    I understand some of you are doing the Apprenticeship but can you give some insight as to what you all did at the Assessment Center and what questions they asked you? I understand that these are different roles but might have similar questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumjacko)

I've just got a telephone interview for a financial services apprenticeship in London but i'm not entirely sure what the role actually involves because it's just "financial services" which could encompass a lot of things so don't really know how to prepare for the interview. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    How did it go? I have recently applied for the apprenticeship programme and I have been scheduled for a telephone interview. Does anyone know what the tests are like at the assessment centre? And how long are they?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone share insight into how the psychometric tests were? What kind of questions were they?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can anyone provide any valuable insight to the kind of questions asked in the Hirevue interview? Are they more competency based or situational? How would you suggest I prepare?
    Also any tips you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.