Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sertraline 100mg and decreased introverted-ness? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I've suffered on and off with low mood and anxiety for a few years. Normally a few months on meds seem to get rid of it, and then it gets triggered again at a later point by stress/major life events.

This time round I've been on Sertraline 100mg/day since October, and I've noticed recently that I'm no longer the introvert that I have been all my life up until now.

I wouldn't say I'm becoming the life and soul of the party, but I feel I could probably say boo to a goose if I really had to. I'm finding I can start (and hold) meaningless conversation with customers at work whereas before I'd generally just make polite non-committal statements and do all I could to get them through my checkout and away from me as quickly as possible.

I've even gone as far as making slightly flirty conversation with a guy I've had a crush on for a year or so (even though he's seeing someone - boo!) which I wouldn't normally have considered doing.

So err... Is a sudden switch from introversion to mild extroversion a good thing? I've always been quite content with being a quiet soul, and although it bothered me I came to terms with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiffin_bits)
    Basically, I've suffered on and off with low mood and anxiety for a few years. Normally a few months on meds seem to get rid of it, and then it gets triggered again at a later point by stress/major life events.

This time round I've been on Sertraline 100mg/day since October, and I've noticed recently that I'm no longer the introvert that I have been all my life up until now.

I wouldn't say I'm becoming the life and soul of the party, but I feel I could probably say boo to a goose if I really had to. I'm finding I can start (and hold) meaningless conversation with customers at work whereas before I'd generally just make polite non-committal statements and do all I could to get them through my checkout and away from me as quickly as possible.

I've even gone as far as making slightly flirty conversation with a guy I've had a crush on for a year or so (even though he's seeing someone - boo!) which I wouldn't normally have considered doing.

So err... Is a sudden switch from introversion to mild extroversion a good thing? I've always been quite content with being a quiet soul, and although it bothered me I came to terms with it.
    I need these tablets hahaha, fluoxetine does not do that . I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. If being like this is making you feel more comfortable and confident and most importantly happy, then continue to take them. Obviously, don't get addicted to them since I bet after a few months, they will try and ease you off them but for now, enjoy the positive effects they have on you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.