Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :cookie:

What did you spend it on?

... be honest :lol:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    A fair bit of money has gone to takeaways recently when I have exams that finish at 6:30 and I get home at 7:15.

ReputationRep:
    None since it all went into paying the quarterly rent and the bills. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a student loan. Only for the actual degree. I have to pay everything myself.

I think it's crazy that people spend it on things other than university.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't get a maintenance loan.

I spend £10-ish a day on food, and the worst thing is that I'm catered.

My parents place way too much trust in my ability to manage my expenses.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get mine until the 18th so technically I have it all, but after my accommodation payment comes out, I'll have about £250 for food and all the rest of it

ReputationRep:
    Are people living on the maintenance loan? My maintenance loan goes straight to the accomodation
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. Overdraft imminent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star-girl)
    None since it all went into paying the quarterly rent and the bills. :cry:
    This. Pretty much living on my overdraft now
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    You should see my bank statement, it's literally Greggs... Burger King...Nandos... Mcdonalds... smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGiantPunkGooner)
    This. Pretty much living on my overdraft now
    Yowza. My parents help me out a bit so I don't have to use the overdraft thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    Spent money on food, rent, mattress topper and bits n bobs. Got about £650 left

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    A fair bit of money has gone to takeaways recently when I have exams that finish at 6:30 and I get home at 7:15.
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    You should see my bank statement, it's literally Greggs... Burger King...Nandos... Mcdonalds... smh
    :no:

ReputationRep:
    After rent i have £880 left
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Paid my rent for three months, my credit card off and therefore I have bugger all left. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Had £1300 after rent (I got £500 off rent this term)

I bought a new phone (contract is up and my phone got to the point where it spontaneously heated up so much the screen cracked, so I am buying the handset and going sim-only), which should be arriving today.

I am buying a laptop (my current laptop is old and doesn't have the memory needed for all my recordings and software), I have already picked it out. I need to buy it before my DSA equipment arrives and so I will probably get that some time in the next few days.

So after next week I should have around £750 left. Then I will get my bursary from the Uni a few weeks later, so I should have more money next month.

I only normally spend a maximum of £20 a week on food and stationery etc. It feels weird spending so much money this term, I don't particularly like it.

ReputationRep:
    Mine came in, paid off my rent and my overdraft... and then my phone bill came through and my spending the day before and I'm overdraft already. Unfortunately the casual nature of my jobs mean I get paid at very awkward times so I wont see any money until the end of Feb
    Hoping to not be on overdraft next term so I can finish uni without any debt to the bank!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't had my latest installment yet but have £200 left of the last lot. This is slightly worrying as my parents pay rent so I've spent £1500 on food and stuff like that (including payments on my holiday). I need to either get a job or exercise some self-control.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    £0 $0 GCSE's FTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalail)
    £0 $0 GCSE's FTW
    Just you wait young man :shakecane: Your time will come!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.