Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kahinalouise)
    Both my parents work full time and earn around £19000 a year in total so I don't agree, I think it is fair the student finance I get because otherwise me and my brother would not have been able to go to uni
    Your parents have a combined income of 19k?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Your parents have a combined income of 19k?
    Yep correct, my mum works in a school and does not get paid for any of the school holidays and my dad is a minicab driver and works 6 days a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kahinalouise)
    Both my parents work full time and earn around £19000 a year in total so I don't agree, I think it is fair the student finance I get because otherwise me and my brother would not have been able to go to uni
    Well that's unfortunate. It is very hard for two parents not to earn more than £25,000.

Even if you work full time in Tesco you almost earn more than that. Which is why I think that the thresholds are far too low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frostyjoe)
    Well that's unfortunate. It is very hard for two parents not to earn more than £25,000.

Even if you work full time in Tesco you almost earn more than that. Which is why I think that the thresholds are far too low.
    I know, since my parents both work full time I don't feel bad taken advantage of anything offered that is based on low income

The thresholds must be set for some reason and I would rather they help a smaller number of people with lower income rather than try to support a larger number with a greater range of income

ReputationRep:
    Literally all of it, but I am living at home so I am lucky enough not to be paying rent. I'm currently using the first payment for a house deposit with the government's help to buy isa!

ReputationRep:
    About £900 but I worked over summer and I still in theory (if I spend all of my last loan), have some of that in my bank account. Of actual loan/grant I probably have about £500 left to last me until April.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.