Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Online post for next class reading not up? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking classics this semester and between each class, we have a reading. Monday, after class, the read was posted online, exactly like the prof. said it would be. Fantastic. I read it, took notes and was ready for class Wednesday. Wednesday after class, the reading wasn't there. Thursday, still not there. Friday's tutorial was cancelled and the reading still isn't here... He seemed pretty specific about reading from the pieces he posts. But I'm not seeing a post.

I don't know anyone else in the class or I would ask them what they're doing about it. The reading's for next week's lectures are Hesiod "Theogany" and Homer, "Iliad" book 1. Is it okay if I just find any translation online. Or should I specifically make sure I get the version the prof wanted.

In all likelihood, I'm overreacting. But I haven't been in school for years and this is my first class back. I don't want to wind up reading twice as much as necessary. But I also don't want to wait until I run out of time. What would you do?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canucked)
    I'm taking classics this semester and between each class, we have a reading. Monday, after class, the read was posted online, exactly like the prof. said it would be. Fantastic. I read it, took notes and was ready for class Wednesday. Wednesday after class, the reading wasn't there. Thursday, still not there. Friday's tutorial was cancelled and the reading still isn't here... He seemed pretty specific about reading from the pieces he posts. But I'm not seeing a post.

I don't know anyone else in the class or I would ask them what they're doing about it. The reading's for next week's lectures are Hesiod "Theogany" and Homer, "Iliad" book 1. Is it okay if I just find any translation online. Or should I specifically make sure I get the version the prof wanted.

In all likelihood, I'm overreacting. But I haven't been in school for years and this is my first class back. I don't want to wind up reading twice as much as necessary. But I also don't want to wait until I run out of time. What would you do?
    I would ask your lecturer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    I would ask your lecturer.
    Damn. And I was hoping not to be a nuisance.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canucked)
    Damn. And I was hoping not to be a nuisance.
    Don't worry about being a nuisance, his/her job is to answer your questions! Normally they take quite well to students who actually want to do the work like you do!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.