The Student Room Group

made an error on my UCAS application

i made a minor error on my UCAS as i didnt declare the original grade of one AS module i retook
is this going to majorly affect my application? everything else is fine i just left out the one thing
Original post by nr1472
i made a minor error on my UCAS as i didnt declare the original grade of one AS module i retook
is this going to majorly affect my application? everything else is fine i just left out the one thing

Contact ucas's qualifications team and get them to add it for you as otherwise they wont know that grade was from a retake.
Original post by nr1472

some universities may see it as dishonest and consider this enough to be rejected, so there is no harm in emailing the university to mention it, as you have nothing to lose because you already retook the exam and I'm assuming you got a better grade the next time round, which is what really matters.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Contact ucas's qualifications team and get them to add it for you as otherwise they wont know that grade was from a retake.

Original post by qtsilver9
some universities may see it as dishonest and consider this enough to be rejected, so there is no harm in emailing the university to mention it, as you have nothing to lose because you already retook the exam and I'm assuming you got a better grade the next time round, which is what really matters.

thanks guys! ill email everyone i possibly can. i did get a better grade the second time round. im just worried that my whole application could get rejected because im a moron and made a dumb mistake
Original post by nr1472
thanks guys! ill email everyone i possibly can. i did get a better grade the second time round. im just worried that my whole application could get rejected because im a moron and made a dumb mistake

Everyone makes mistakes, you should be able to fix this one so don't panic :smile:
Original post by nr1472

Email the details to [email protected]. Once they confirm that they've updated their records let all of your universities know about the mistake and correction.
Hi, I am in a similar situation. I checked on the UCAS website and found this -
"If you have made a mistake with a completed qualification, contact the universities and colleges to let them know. We are unable to add this to your application after it is sent to us, so you may need to provide details and proof of the qualification direct to the university or college."

https://track.ucas.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions?questionReference=8_00010

I think I will phone universities on Monday and let them know
Reply 7
If there is no option to edit, the best course of action is to email each of your choices and inform them of the honest mistake ASAP.

Im sure this happens a lot more than you think. If you declare it then they wouldn't think about holding it against you - it is also unlikely they'll care anyway but just be on the safe side and contact them; it would be cruel to withdraw offers because of a minor error such as retakes.

After all, you do have that grade in that subject, right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending