Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting over someone Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend just broke up. We ended cause he stood me up and was acting off all week, ignoring me etc, i told him to **** off and its over. I didnt want to be treated like that, our relationship for the past few months has all been my work. I would visit him always, cook, clean, wash, pay for everything. I love him so so much. He wanted me so badly and wanted to marry me, would do anything for me.

since ending, he doesnt want to get back together cause hes going to asia in the summer and thinks the time apart is too much, and in the meantime hes found all this new motivation and it makes me feel so ****. we talk all day over text, and have agreed to be bestfriends. I want him to miss me and see we can work, to see what hes lost. He said he still has feelings for me, is attracted to me and isnt interested in anyone else- wants to be on his own sort of thing.

I love him so much and would do anything for him to consider us. I cant stop thinking about him, i cry everyday and have done for a month. I want him, to see him, to have fun again. we didnt even need to end. we are so good together, he said hes too hurt by what i said - so how can he be my bestfriend? something doesnt add up,

i tell him i miss him and he sometimes says it back but then doesnt. when we text i feel like i always make the effort, i check his whatsapp etc to see if hes ignoring me. If we dont talk i feel rejected. Im not going to delete him off social media cause were still best mates and im not that shallow.

but can someone comfort me in explaining if theyve ever been through this? the pain in my heart - how he did everything to be with me and now doesnt want me. it hurts so so much. he said we can go on a date when hes finished in asia - but me to not get my hopes up cause we dont know how we'll feel

i dont want to get over him but know i have to. if i see him with another girl ill be destroyed inside. someone please help how i get over him. do i start acting not like myself to make me more mysterious - not texting him as much, photos on social media of me on nights out, when i am out not texting him? I know he cares about me and hes told me this and i can see, but im so heartbroken as to how he can not want me anymore when he did everything to be with me.

Any advice to not think of him? i dont want to cut him out of my life as were best friends, so how can i make daily life easier. do i go out lots? get more of a social life? please someone i cant face this heartbreak anymore

thank you x

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you will ever get over someone you love.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch!

I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I went through a breakup over the summer and it was an uphill battle trying to piece myself together after that. I will give you a solution you're not going to like one bit, but it must be done.

You must cut him off.

Trust me, I know how difficult this is, especially if you're best friends as well. But he doesn't deserve you. Case in point, let's look at your original post- he doesn't seem to have treated you well at all! And even if you want him to "realise how much he misses you", you still need to cut him off. Because only by depriving him of your contact will he realise your true value.

Just a bit more about my breakup- my ex wanted me to try an open relationship and it nearly tore me apart. The mere sight/ sound of him was becoming unbearable. I was advised to cut him off and I did. Trust me, my heart was breaking as I sent him that final text, blocked him on FB etc. It was a very difficult couple of months, but now I'm OK.

I don't know you, but like all women/ girls out there, you are deserving of a man who values you 100% and is willing to move mountains for you (trust me, when a man wants you nothing stands in his way). Now is the time to surround yourself with support. Have your friends and family round and rejoice that you've escaped this scumbag and he's free to plague another girl who thankfully isn't you. In my case, I think I escaped a potentially abusive situation. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and that we will all look back and smile someday.

It may seem like the sun may never shine again- heartbreak isn't something I'd wish on my worst enemy. But it will!!!! Time is your friend. *hugs*

If you were my friend, you'd be round my house for tea, berry crumble and sushi. Take care!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inspired100)
    we talk all day over text, and have agreed to be bestfriends
    You're not doing yourself any favours whatsoever

he said hes too hurt by what i said - so how can he be my bestfriend? something doesnt add up
    Probably wants a FWB cling-on for when he returns, do you really want to be that girl?

Im not going to delete him off social media cause were still best mates and im not that shallow
    Truth is, you're not strong enough not to delete him off everything in order to move on. Again, not helping yourself hun

do i start acting not like myself to make me more mysterious - not texting him as much, photos on social media of me on nights out, when i am out not texting him?
    This makes you sound like a manipulative little brat, but you also sound like someone who knows better. Don't let yourself down

ReputationRep:
    A couple more suggestions

- have a nice bubble bath with that rose-scented soap you've been saving up.
    - get your girlies together for a spa day
    - have a bakeoff- Alice in Wonderland party, complete with pink tablecloths (if that's your thing), cakes, scones etc.

If this is the time for hugs, warmth, fuzzy blankets and hot chocolate, it's now.

Foo.mp3, spoken like a champ.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.