Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have just received offers from the 5 universities that I applied to study economics and finance at.
    The 5 offers:
    Surrey AAA
    Exeter (with year in industry) AAB
    Reading AAB
    Southampton AAB
    Newcastle AAB
    I have visted Newcastle and Southampton but am now unsure which of the 5 offers I should firm and insure
    Any feedback / advive / insight to any of the above universities in general or economics related courses specifically would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_madle)
    Hello, I have just received offers from the 5 universities that I applied to study economics and finance at.
    The 5 offers:
    Surrey AAA
    Reading AAB
    Southampton AAB
    Newcastle AAB
    I have visted Newcastle and Southampton but am now unsure which of the 5 offers I should firm and insure
    Any feedback / advive / insight to any of the above universities in general or economics related courses specifically would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Hey, I've moved this to university life for you!

Do you have a preference in terms of where you'd like to live? Have you looked at the course content for each uni in detail? Modules can vary a lot and you want to make sure you pick a uni with models that interest you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_madle)
    The 5 offers:
    Surrey AAA
    Reading AAB
    Southampton AAB
    Newcastle AAB
    Thanks in advance
    Go to post offer days if you can - I'd firm Exeter as the year in industry is a good career move.

ReputationRep:
    I loved reading when i visited but decided against firming it jn the end. I found looking on the whatuni choice awards results was very useful for me as it gave a good indication of how good different unis rsnk on there. Didnt look at the others but reading was pretty low on all of the categories (which include clubs and societies, city life, job prospects etc.)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Do all offer a year in industry? As mentioned, not all the course modules are the same. You need to consider whether you want to live there for the next 3-4 years. One thing for me was also the distance from where I live.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.