Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do guys think about women with 'feminine' hobbies and passions? Watch

Announcements

I'm not talking about shopping and applying make up (although I do these to an extent, though I would not consider them hobbies).

I like to do things like sewing, knitting, baking and cake decorating. I really like cleaning and home decor. I like animals and I've spent a lot of time looking after children in my family, I'm just generally very nurturing. I go to yoga classes regularly but also go to the gym. I don't drink or party (which I get a lot of stick for at uni) I'd rather stay at home with a film, book or my next craft project.

I can't think that maybe I'm a bit too boring or to much of a softie for a guy. These days it seems like some of these kind of things are a bit outdated for the modern woman, but I love them and they make me feel at peace.

What do you think?

Disclaimer: Please don't be offended for me calling these things 'feminine', of course anyone can do these things and it's not a bad or shame thing for something to be more typically considered feminine. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I like it. As long as you're ok with trying new things before you decide you don't like it.

I don't particularly like going out too regularly either, being around people too much drains me so I'd prefer someone like this.

I think it's really nice and I for one would prefer to be with someone like this.
    (Please everyone don't hate me for that, it's just a preference and I'm not saying anything like 'all women should be like this')

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    I like it. As long as you're ok with trying new things before you decide you don't like it.

I don't particularly like going out too regularly either, being around people too much drains me so I'd prefer someone like this.
    Oh yes I'm definitely up for trying new things and going new places. As long as it doesn't involve heights they terrify me Although most roller coasters are okay if I get to hold someone's hand lol

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the type of girl I wanted from my last relationship.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I think you sound pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    sewing, knitting, baking and cake decorating
    Adorable, although if you do the former too much you're at risk of being stereotyped a 'cat lady' (or grandma) :mmm:

I really like cleaning
    Lemmie get dem digitz :cool:

I can't think that maybe I'm a bit too boring or to much of a softie for a guy
    Perhaps for a 'popular guy', but for the vast majority of males I'm sure the personal qualities described wouldn't ruin your chances

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes I'm definitely up for trying new things and going new places. As long as it doesn't involve heights they terrify me Although most roller coasters are okay if I get to hold someone's hand lol
    This is exactly what I'd prefer tbh Most introverted girls I've known are more lazy then anything else. I like going out and doing things, just not necessarily with lots of other people.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good to me , better that then your interests simply being drinking alcohol. You should be happy about what you are interested in and don't change for a guy so much. Sure partners need to learn to think of each other and sometimes compromise but you have no reason to feel bad about your hobbies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

Cringe the **** outa here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Cringe the **** outa here
    #SenseOfHumourFail

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people don't like to go out and drink themselves to death ^^

Anyway's you seem like a nice person , not boring imo

much better than having no hobbies like most girls

ReputationRep:
    #SenseOfHumourFail
    you're right yours failed

(Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    A lot of people don't like to go out and drink themselves to death ^^

Anyway's you seem like a nice person , not boring imo
    Oh I know, I think because I'm at uni and I don't drink/party I always feel like there is something wrong with me.

Adorable, although if you do the former too much you're at risk of being stereotyped a 'cat lady' (or grandma) :mmm:

Perhaps for a 'popular guy', but for the vast majority of males I'm sure the personal qualities described wouldn't ruin your chances
    Yeah I do feel like a bit of a grandma sometimes... You see none of those things are exactly sexy or adventurous.

As for the popular guy thing... I know a lot of guys at uni who would never dream of dating a girl who doesn't drink

(Original post by Mancini)
    Sounds good to me , better that then your interests simply being drinking alcohol. You should be happy about what you are interested in and don't change for a guy so much. Sure partners need to learn to think of each other and sometimes compromise but you have no reason to feel bad about your hobbies.
    Thanks I agree, and I won't be changing for anyone

ReputationRep:
    As for the popular guy thing... I know a lot of guys at uni who would never dream of dating a girl who doesn't drink
    Would you have a problem with your boyfriend drinking though? I feel a lot of people assume that if their partner doesn't drink, they wont be allowed to either which explains the reluctance.

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    Would you have a problem with your boyfriend drinking though? I feel a lot of people assume that if their partner doesn't drink, they wont be allowed to either which explains the reluctance.
    No I wouldn't mind him drinking. However I don't see myself being compatible with someone who is in the pub or club every night. Someone who enjoys a drink a few times a week, why not...

ReputationRep:
    aaw I think it's really sweet when girls do stuff like sewing etc

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.