Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer finally for civil engineering (originally applied to EE engineering but would of got rejected)
    My Target grades are ABB with A in history. B in sociology and B in maths

My offer is ABB but asks for the A in maths.

who else got an offer and what are your subjects?

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer for chemical engineering...my offer is AAB, A in maths, A in chemistry and B in physics.
    I don't think i can get it though but fingers crossed!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by springyhats37)
    i got an offer for chemical engineering...my offer is AAB, A in maths, A in chemistry and B in physics.
    I dont think i will either
    If i get BBB ill be considered since its a near miss, anything lower is a straight rejection. Contacted the department and found that out...
    So might just try my other offer since more likely to get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A1996A)
    I dont think i will either
    If i get BBB ill be considered since its a near miss, anything lower is a straight rejection. Contacted the department and found that out...
    So might just try my other offer since more likely to get in
    well **** :/......i havent got any other offers yet. But if you dont mind me asking you...where are you from ?

ReputationRep:
    West london. What about u?
    Unis are taking long to reply because of the christmas holiday. But should reply soon now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A1996A)
    West london. What about u?
    Unis are taking long to reply because of the christmas holiday. But should reply soon now
    hahaha im from asia, singapore to be precise. i hope i hear from some more unis soon, this tension is killing me

And if you don't mind me asking again, where else have u applied?

ReputationRep:
    Hull- EE engineering. wanted it to be my insurance since only needs C in maths. But learnt that i cant my insurance later so wont go there
    Loughbough-civil engineering. Maybe firm
    Sussex-EE engineering. Maybe firm
    And queen mary. Gave me computer science instead of EE engineering. Maybe insurance
    Edinburgh. Waste of a choice and got rejected
    And what were your choices since u have really good subjects?

And dont worry. Your subjects and predicted grades are really good. Unis look at them more than anything.

ReputationRep:
    i applied to manchester, sheffield, newcastle, nottingham and of course loughborough. I submitted my application quite late so I have no idea what will happen :/
    can i ask you if erh loughborough has a high emphasis on sports or something if you don't mind?

ReputationRep:
    Im not 100% sure as my open day is 13feb but from what i read. It is a sporty uni
    But it doesnt matter at all if you dont as alot of people wont either

ReputationRep:
    you're so lucky to be able to go for these open days.....thanks for your help though!! good luck for the future!!

ReputationRep:
    you're so lucky to be able to go for these open days.....thanks for your help though!! good luck for the future!!
    Ill update u with info when i go there aswell
    And good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    Thats so nice of u and thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    When did you send your application to them?? I feel like they're just avoiding my application!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankyelizabeth)
    When did you send your application to them?? I feel like they're just avoiding my application!!
    If they havent sent u one within 3weeks. Just call them up. I did that and then they sent it 2days later. Call the specfic department, not just admissions

ReputationRep:
    I got my offer very late even though i applied quite early (currently a first year, doing mech. engineering) my offer only came in like april even though i applied through UCAS in january.

I can tell you they don't pressurise you into doing sports, it's all at your own will. They do have a very good name as a sports and engineering uni so if you are interested in keeping fit or playing sports it's very easy to, and if you don't want to be involved in sports no one will pressurise you to be.

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application on 14th of January to Sheffield and Liverpool... Can't wait to hear back from them 😓

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.