Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Law and received offers from Bristol (AAA/A*AB), Reading (AAA), Surrey (AAB), Cardiff (AAB) and Liverpool (AB)

Been accepted into scheme at Surrey which reduces my offer from AAB to ABB if I FIRM them. Have also been offered a scheme at Reading which gives me an unconditional if I make Reading my FIRM choice.

Unsure whether to F Bristol with AAA and I Surrey with AAB. or to F Reading.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tluahasuwanpanit)
    Applied for Law and received offers from Bristol (AAA/A*AB), Reading (AAA), Surrey (AAB), Cardiff (AAB) and Liverpool (AB)

Been accepted into scheme at Surrey which reduces my offer from AAB to ABB if I FIRM them. Have also been offered a scheme at Reading which gives me an unconditional if I make Reading my FIRM choice.

Unsure whether to F Bristol with AAA and I Surrey with AAB. or to F Reading.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Where would you prefer to go? How likely are you to get the grades for where you want to go?

Congrats on the unconditional, but don't let it push you into going to Reading if that's not where you really want to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadiowitch)
    Where would you prefer to go? How likely are you to get the grades for where you want to go?

Congrats on the unconditional, but don't let it push you into going to Reading if that's not where you really want to go!
    Well my order of preference would be
    Bristol
    Reading
    Surrey
    Cardiff
    Liverpool

but not too sure ill get the AAA or A*AB for Bristol, but was thinking I would deeply regret it if I took the uncond but ended up with AAA and could have gone to Bristol instead. But if I did F Bristol and I Surrey and ended up with ABB/BBB I would end up in clearing and miss out on a space in a quite a decent uni!

ReputationRep:
    Just remember if you do in fact get the AAA needed there's adjustment on results day, so you can always see if Bristol would take you once you've got the grades. Personally, judging by your order of preference I'd firm Reading and I Bristol. If you do end up getting the grades, you can just adjust to Bristol, and if not, you're safe with Reading! Obviously it's up to you but that's what I'd do anyway! Hope this helps in some way!

ReputationRep:
    I'd firm Bristol and insure Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tluahasuwanpanit)
    Well my order of preference would be
    Bristol
    Reading
    Surrey
    Cardiff
    Liverpool

but not too sure ill get the AAA or A*AB for Bristol, but was thinking I would deeply regret it if I took the uncond but ended up with AAA and could have gone to Bristol instead. But if I did F Bristol and I Surrey and ended up with ABB/BBB I would end up in clearing and miss out on a space in a quite a decent uni!
    If I were you, I'd firm Bristol and then work my arse off to get the 3As; you'll be so gutted if you do get 3As and then can't get into Bristol via adjustment!

ReputationRep:
    If you would rather go to Bristol, personally I'd firm that, as you may come to regret it if you don't. If you miss out on going to a uni you really want to, you don't have to go through clearing and end up at a 'worse' uni, you can just re-sit and reapply next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexisnotalion)
    Just remember if you do in fact get the AAA needed there's adjustment on results day, so you can always see if Bristol would take you once you've got the grades. Personally, judging by your order of preference I'd firm Reading and I Bristol. If you do end up getting the grades, you can just adjust to Bristol, and if not, you're safe with Reading! Obviously it's up to you but that's what I'd do anyway! Hope this helps in some way!
    I can only go through adjustment if I exceed my predicted grades, so that means I can only go through adjustment if I get A*AA or above!, also If I Firm Reading I cant I Bristol as REading is unconditional and if u have an uncond as F you have nothing to insure it with!! And my reading unconditional is only valid if I Firm them!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    firm bristol, last year reading would have let you in with BBB on results day

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.