The Student Room Group

UCAS and Unis taking a long time to respond.

all my friends from college have had responses from their chosen unis and i haven't heard anything. My friends are getting offers, tests and interviews and i haven't had anything at all. I gave my UCAS application in nearly a month ago now. I keep checking my emails and the UCAS track application and since December when I gave in my application it just says for every uni 'considering your application'. I'm starting to worry, as I'm the only one left without anything.

Please help...advice maybe??
Nope, plenty of people in your situation :P
Original post by Bex Cooke
all my friends from college have had responses from their chosen unis and i haven't heard anything. My friends are getting offers, tests and interviews and i haven't had anything at all. I gave my UCAS application in nearly a month ago now. I keep checking my emails and the UCAS track application and since December when I gave in my application it just says for every uni 'considering your application'. I'm starting to worry, as I'm the only one left without anything.

Your friends are likely to be applying for different courses and to different places to you, and all universities operate to a different system. There are quite a few universities who operate what is known as a 'gathered field', which means they wait until after all the on time applications are in (today) before starting to look at them. Others will issue rejections to the hopeless straight away and make offers to the dead certs early on also, but sit on the vast majority of 'maybes' until the picture becomes clearer. Courses which interview have to get on with things earlier, courses with admissions tests have to operate to that test's timetable, courses with portfolios need to factor in all the time it takes to see all of those. There are many, many factors influencing when offers are made, and in the scheme of things, a December application is really pretty recent. It's not over until it says unsuccessful on Track, and FWIW, my son got his final offer on May 8th.

I'm still waiting for 4/5 so don't worry! I know of a few people without any offers also. What course did you apply for?
Reply 4
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I'm still waiting for 4/5 so don't worry! I know of a few people without any offers also. What course did you apply for?

Educational Studies and Psychology
Reply 5
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Your friends are likely to be applying for different courses and to different places to you, and all universities operate to a different system. There are quite a few universities who operate what is known as a 'gathered field', which means they wait until after all the on time applications are in (today) before starting to look at them. Others will issue rejections to the hopeless straight away and make offers to the dead certs early on also, but sit on the vast majority of 'maybes' until the picture becomes clearer. Courses which interview have to get on with things earlier, courses with admissions tests have to operate to that test's timetable, courses with portfolios need to factor in all the time it takes to see all of those. There are many, many factors influencing when offers are made, and in the scheme of things, a December application is really pretty recent. It's not over until it says unsuccessful on Track, and FWIW, my son got his final offer on May 8th.

Thank you so much! So much more relaxed now x
Thank you so much! So much more relaxed now x

That's good to hear. Save your energies for your studies!
I've only heard back from 1! I think the majority of universities have a period in which they reply because the universities i haven't heard back from neither have my friends. This is probably the same situation you're in, don't worry they'll reply soon!
Reply 8
Original post by samanthaa15
I've only heard back from 1! I think the majority of universities have a period in which they reply because the universities i haven't heard back from neither have my friends. This is probably the same situation you're in, don't worry they'll reply soon!

This was a 2016 applicant. (i.e. last year :smile: )

I'm locking the thread now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest