Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!!
    I have an interview at Stirling and I'm so excited I might be getting a bit ahead of myself but I was looking at accommodation and realized there was a specific building for nurses. However, this is off campus and I would prefer to be on campus during my first year. This building has a contract available for 40 weeks, whereas the others only go up to 37? Do I need to be at uni for 40 weeks during my nursing course?? Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    The nursing course starts earlier than other courses, and you can't move into any of the residences until the start of your contract, so if you don't take the 40 wk rent, then you have to find somewhere else to stay until your room becomes available (local hostel or similar). Half of the class will have a placement that runs up until the end of the academic year as well, so that may extend past the end of the 37 wk lease.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing nursing too and this is advice if you've never done shifts or lived in halls, that it will be really hard.
    Halls are usually noisy day and night and when you've done a night shift and come home at 8am and just want to curl up and everyone is making noise it's lethal!! I did shifts while living in communal living so will definitely be going for nursing accommodation if I do go here, I think others shift workers are a lot of understanding of what it's like to just want to be in a quiet space.
    Plus I think it's close to the hospital so win win!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.