fayebrightmore
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone!

I am really panicking about what uni course I should apply for for 2017. My current career aspirations are either a solicitor or a teacher (not sure whether primary or secondary yet). The uni courses that I was originally considering would be either geography or law. I want to pick the degree that could open a lot of doors for me but one that I would also really enjoy. My main worry is that I am not good enough at geography (I got an A at GCSE and a B in a recent AS level mock).

Please help me decide on what degree to do as I am really stressing out!

Thanks in advance
Scorpio bee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fayebrightmore)
Hi everyone!

I am really panicking about what uni course I should apply for for 2017. My current career aspirations are either a solicitor or a teacher (not sure whether primary or secondary yet). The uni courses that I was originally considering would be either geography or law. I want to pick the degree that could open a lot of doors for me but one that I would also really enjoy. My main worry is that I am not good enough at geography (I got an A at GCSE and a B in a recent AS level mock).

Thanks in advance
Which course do you want to do most? Which one will you have more passion for?
If you went for teaching what subject would you want to teach?
If you went to teaching route this can still open doors depending on what course you take..
Let's say you took geography after the 3 years then there is a 1 years conversation course to into law - you need to research this ...
If you did law this is nice course but if you drop out or anything then... Not sure your options are...
I know people who did straight law but I know people who did three years and did another year of law conversation degree...
Choose the one you want to do with passion from the heart and you can always contact uni find out information regarding grades ect

Good luck
fayebrightmore
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have no idea which course I want to do most..I am scared that law will be dull and I'll despise my 3 years. If I did teaching I would teach geography at secondary or all courses at primary. What did the people that did the straight law course say? Did they enjoy the course?

Thanks for your response.

(Original post by Scorpio bee)
Which course do you want to do most? Which one will you have more passion for?
If you went for teaching what subject would you want to teach?
If you went to teaching route this can still open doors depending on what course you take..
Let's say you took geography after the 3 years then there is a 1 years conversation course to into law - you need to research this ...
If you did law this is nice course but if you drop out or anything then... Not sure your options are...
I know people who did straight law but I know people who did three years and did another year of law conversation degree...
Choose the one you want to do with passion from the heart and you can always contact uni find out information regarding grades ect

Good luck
Kitta
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A Law degree from a prestigious university will get you much further in the job market than geography will. However, they're both very respectable - and I'm biast because I'm going to study Law and I LOVE Law !
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fayebrightmore)
Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance
A law degree will make harder to be a teacher than a geography degree will, to become a lawyer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.06%
No (322)
75.94%

Watched Threads