I'm wondering If I'm taking the right path.

Watch
Niyi Aderounmu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm doing
Business Edexcel
Economics Edexcel
History Edexcel
Maths Aqa

For Business and Economics I'm up to date with notes and I'm about to finish the notes for each unit. The only trouble that I'm facing is that with no resources such as past papers it's hard to test myself against knowledge. I also don't know where I can get some past paper essay style questions for Economics.
Maths is fine since I'm doing questions in the book but I need to start doing past paper questions.
History, revision is hard since I find myself not getting the information I write down into my head especially since the course has a large amount of content.
For most of these subjects I'm making my individual notes but I feel that with time running out that I should finish my notes quickly and start revision/past papers.

Do you have any tips on what I should be doing now? or any tips that I can have for History and Economics as well as any suggestions on what I should be doing for each subject?
cookiemonster15
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Niyi Aderounmu)
I'm doing
Business Edexcel
Economics Edexcel
History Edexcel
Maths Aqa

For Business and Economics I'm up to date with notes and I'm about to finish the notes for each unit. The only trouble that I'm facing is that with no resources such as past papers it's hard to test myself against knowledge. I also don't know where I can get some past paper essay style questions for Economics.
Maths is fine since I'm doing questions in the book but I need to start doing past paper questions.
History, revision is hard since I find myself not getting the information I write down into my head especially since the course has a large amount of content.
For most of these subjects I'm making my individual notes but I feel that with time running out that I should finish my notes quickly and start revision/past papers.

Do you have any tips on what I should be doing now? or any tips that I can have for History and Economics as well as any suggestions on what I should be doing for each subject?
I would suggest you write some sort of plan down so you know exactly when you should be expected to finish revision and start papers. There's no point starting papers prematurely as you will not be able to answer many of the questions if you haven't yet finished revision- that being said you don't want to start papers too late, for maths, I would advise you also look at the Solomon papers (which are harder versions of the normal papers) so you become more confident in your topics.

Good Luck
Niyi Aderounmu
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by cookiemonster15)
I would suggest you write some sort of plan down so you know exactly when you should be expected to finish revision and start papers. There's no point starting papers prematurely as you will not be able to answer many of the questions if you haven't yet finished revision- that being said you don't want to start papers too late, for maths, I would advise you also look at the Solomon papers (which are harder versions of the normal papers) so you become more confident in your topics.

Good Luck
Thank you for your comment and I'll make sure to use those past papers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads