Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has a video game ever influenced you? In what way? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have you changed your certain view of something or been inspired to do something because of a video game's influence?

If so, what?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Mirror's Edge influenced me to have an interest in/start parkour.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I used to play a game that people from all over Europe were able to play, so you'd have English people, Spanish, French, Portugese, Swedish people etc. But it seemed to have a large amount of Dutch people and they were speaking it and it sounded cool so that's one of the reasons that learning how to speak Dutch is one of my goals for this year. :angelblush:

ReputationRep:
    Bloodborne...

To run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    I used to play a game that people from all over Europe were able to play, so you'd have English people, Spanish, French, Portugese, Swedish people etc. But it seemed to have a large amount of Dutch people and they were speaking it and it sounded cool so that's one of the reasons that learning how to speak Dutch is one of my goals for this year. :angelblush:
    ahahaha, Runescape did the same thing to me

ReputationRep:
    they inspired me to play more video games

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if it was the game that triggered this fascination me or it just fit my personal "likes", but since I played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games I developed a fascination in exploring desolate places, wondering around post-industrial ares and so on. I also begun to like ambient music (especially dark ambient) which is prevalent in the soundtrack of the game. I used to be a regular gamer, now rather casual (high school then uni keep me busy), but this series remain my favorite and I like to go back to them. I could say its a "big part of my life", but it hasn't really influenced any of my decisions or attitudes its just that it perfectly fits my sense of aesthetics (or made it shaped it...?).

In terms of actions I have a huge dream to go for a trip to the Chernobyl area. I know that they are possible and I swear I will do it when I get my first job and put some money aside!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vbreak3)
    ahahaha, Runescape did the same thing to me
    What a lovely game, eh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    What a lovely game, eh.
    No. It starts off as a little adventure you have when you're in year 5. Then it grows into something that keeps you in when everyone is out. It gets to the point where, you'd rather get them gainz than anything else.
    Runescape is more dangerous than crack
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vbreak3)
    No. It starts off as a little adventure you have when you're in year 5. Then it grows into something that keeps you in when everyone is out. It gets to the point where, you'd rather get them gainz than anything else.
    Runescape is more dangerous than crack
    That sums it up pretty well. The important thingis to quit as soon as it gets stale.

ReputationRep:
    Become a professional basement dweller.

ReputationRep:
    ngl Minecraft inspires me to become an architect :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Mirror's Edge influenced me to have an interest in/start parkour.
    me and my brother started our own parkour group but we didnt even know it was called parkour at the time and whenever we saw a wall or fence or something that you can like do a jump off or run across we'd be like "mirrors edge!" and just do parkour on it lmao we still do it in fact

ReputationRep:
    Minecraft got me interested in computer electronics engineering because I learnt all about redstone and making computers with redstone

ReputationRep:
    Heavy Rain on PS3. My favourite game. Such a thrilling, emotional rollercoaster.
    I stopped playing PS3 regularly about five years ago so it was the last game I was serious about.

I became very interested in the complexity of crime and started reading more crime novels.
    It was a powerful story that made quite an impression on me.

ReputationRep:
    Inspired me to make them. Now I'm doing Games Programming at uni
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternaforest)
    me and my brother started our own parkour group but we didnt even know it was called parkour at the time and whenever we saw a wall or fence or something that you can like do a jump off or run across we'd be like "mirrors edge!" and just do parkour on it lmao we still do it in fact
    What the ****.
    :eek3:
    That is so cool :ahee:. So you do parkour then casually? If you live in London there's many parkour classes you can attend to, and they're amazing :love:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruby420)
    they inspired me to play more video games
    Pretty much.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Inspired me to make them. Now I'm doing Games Programming at uni
    That's so awesome :ahee:. What uni year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Guitar hero got me playing guitar, which got me in a band, which is now responsible for a large chunk of the memorable times of my teenage years
    So a little bit

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.