Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Heating problems, Ford Fiesta Titanium Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd see if I can pick some of your brains on this, think I might have some sort of blockage in my heating system or something.

I've noticed my heating/air con/climate control isn't working as it should be. For example, there's a max-defrost/defog button that I used to press and within 10 seconds I was getting blasted in the face with hot air. Now, though, the window blower seems to be blasting out pretty strongly still, but the front panel blowers are seriously lacking power and the air seems to be coming out pretty cold too. The heated windows and mirrors are working fine. It's a pretty new Ford Fiesta Titanium.

Any ideas as to what could be causing the problem? Cheers guys. Sure JC. may have some advice

ReputationRep:
    I'm not particularly knowlegable on fords - I've only had 5 and none of them have been fiesta's.
    Happy to talk in general terms, though...

Typically if you're not getting any heat out of your blower it means one of two things has happened. Either the valve that controls the flow of coolant through the heater matrix has stuck in the closed position.
    OR your engine thermostat has stuck in the open position.
    To rule out the latter, just check that when the car has been running for say 20 mins that the engine coolant gauge is registering correctly in the middle.

Third possibility... check your coolant level. If it's low you're losing water and you've therefore got another problem but would also explain why no heat exhange is taking place at the heater matrix!

ReputationRep:
    I'd expect the main vents to be weak and the window vent to be strong if set to maxi-defrost, it's possible that it's now working correctly and wasn't before! But if the performance is diminished check that when you select the different outlets (main vents, footwell, windscreen etc.) that the flow is being properly diverted. If not then it's possible the diverter valve is disconnected or otherwise malfunctioning.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.