Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is the friendzone real? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Is the friendzone real?
    Yes
    61.76%
    No
    29.41%
    Don't know
    8.82%

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Time for a bit of a discussion. I know many people dispute over its existence.

So what are your thoughts on the friendzone? Do you think it's real?

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's real, it's just having friends of the gender you're attracted to.

You weren't friendzoned, they don't owe you anything, they just don't want to date you.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's real... it also hurts like crazy!

ReputationRep:
    Yes in that it does exist but no in that it isn't a magical place women put you. You put yourself there with noob behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    It's real. But quite often transient, as it is an intolerable space to live in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You weren't friendzoned, they don't owe you anything, they just don't want to date you.
    You stupid man.... if they want to be friends but not date then you ARE friendzoned

As for OP, its complicated... give her too much attention and she wont really be interested/wanting (unless you're very goodlooking... then anything you do... any mistake you make is forgotten after a simple 'thanks' <-- applies for MOST girls)

You get in the friendzone when 1) you're just not the other persons type (i know some good looking girls who are nice but i am just not interest sexually for no particular reason)

2)you're not good looking

3) you're not as good looking as your (both your and her) friends

4) you come over desperate AF / giving too much attention, just 'push-pull' mentality ... to show you're interested but tease for example... 'you're really cute <3<3<3 ... remind me of my little sister'

Crap just remembered OP asked a yes/no question

Its real AF unless you're very good looking

Fk i wrote a lot of bs

ReputationRep:
    Just a word made up by those who complain that someone is not giving them "enough" affection. Not heard of anyone who's "happy to be in the friendzone".

ReputationRep:
    Nothing is real. You're living inside a computer simulation.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is real

Boyfriend

Boy friend
    ___^
    ___|
    ___|
    there is the friend zone

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so really

it's just what people call when someone isn't attracted to them tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hejraat)
    You stupid man.... if they want to be friends but not date then you ARE friendzoned

As for OP, its complicated... give her too much attention and she wont really be interested/wanting (unless you're very goodlooking... then anything you do... any mistake you make is forgotten after a simple 'thanks' <-- applies for MOST girls)

You get in the friendzone when 1) you're just not the other persons type (i know some good looking girls who are nice but i am just not interest sexually for no particular reason)

2)you're not good looking

3) you're not as good looking as your (both your and her) friends

4) you come over desperate AF / giving too much attention, just 'push-pull' mentality ... to show you're interested but tease for example... 'you're really cute <3<3<3 ... remind me of my little sister'

Crap just remembered OP asked a yes/no question

Its real AF unless you're very good looking

Fk i wrote a lot of bs
    This, and also the friendzone isnt exclusive to guys, girls get friendzoned too. Its funny how people say its not a real thing, if you like someone and they just want to be friends, you've been friendzoned. Don't know why people keep talking about entitlement?..
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    le bump

ReputationRep:
    no
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    No.
    It's just something guys who can't get a girl use an excuse.
    Friend Zone basically means you haven't attracted the girl. Not because she 'sees you as a friend'. If someone says that they are trying to spare your feelings because it's a lot less harsh then saying 'I don't find you attractive'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.