The Student Room Group

Can I drop down to single honours from joint honours in 1st year?

Hi.
I've just recently been offered a place to Uni of Liverpool, a joint honours degree of Law and Politics. However, I have no realised that you must have an LLB to become a barrister (my own fault for now researching enough), I realise I can't change the offer, however can I accept the offer, then once there, drop politics, stopping it becoming a BA, and complete the LLB?
Reply 1
Any answers please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Email Liverpool to try and change your course. The LLB will be more competitive though so they might not let you. Where else have you applied?
Original post by Sterling567
Hi.
I've just recently been offered a place to Uni of Liverpool, a joint honours degree of Law and Politics. However, I have no realised that you must have an LLB to become a barrister (my own fault for now researching enough), I realise I can't change the offer, however can I accept the offer, then once there, drop politics, stopping it becoming a BA, and complete the LLB?

Hey :smile: I'm halfway through my second year and have just dropped one subject so it should be possible, yes :smile:

Edit: you could probably drop it now actually. Email the department and ask if they'd consider you for straight Law :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Sterling567
Any answers please?

IANAL but maybe ask Liverpool what they suggest?
Reply 5
I have also applied to hull and Leicester, law a politics for both. I will email the uni, thankyou. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending