Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I am new to the forum, although I have read many discussions on here and found them very helpful so thought I would post my questions and see if I can get some insight. This is my first post so I apologise if it is in the wrong place or anything like that.

I have applied to study Criminology and Psychology at Bath Spa, Southampton, Winchester, Coventry and Gloucestershire. I am a mature student and my college qualifications are from 3 years ago. My college course had nothing to do with the course I want to study at Uni but has given me enough UCAS points. I have also made it clear in my PS that I am very interested in the course and do things in my spare time relating to it (such as my own research etc.) and that I would like to pursue a career in this feild.
    So my first question is, will it be a problem that my previous qualifications are in no way related to the course I want to do? The entry requirements only state how many UCAS points they want you to have.

My second question, for anyone who has applied for or is studying this course, is an interview usually required or do they go off your application?
    Also if anyone else has studied this course at the Unis I mentioned above and has any extra info I would be very grateful.

Sorry for such a long post, I'm just very excited (and equally nervous) and can't do anything apart from track my application like a mad person at the moment, and it's driving me a little bit nuts haha.

ReputationRep:
    Unis very rarely have the time or resources to interview for undergrad places. I would expect them to work from your UCAS application alone.

Did you check with the unis before applying? They would have been able to tell you whether they would accept your A Levels - each can be different so nobody here will know. Most unis will also want proof of recent study from a mature applicant and won't necessarily accept A Levels (of any subject) which you got three years ago.

Unfortunately the UCAS deadline has passed so it's a bit late to be asking these questions now. You just have to wait and see what the unis make of your application. If your PS is good and your references are stellar, you might well be OK. But we really have no way of predicting what the unis are looking for. I hope it works out for you, but if it doesn't, there are still ways into uni so don't be discouraged from your long-term goal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.