Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

KEDST students and applicants September 2016 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer for Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. Who else has applied / has got an offer?

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview on Tuesday
    I chose Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Government and Politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEstudentt)
    I have an interview on Tuesday
    I chose Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Government and Politics
    I thought mine went really badly but evidently not. Its really chill, they'll ask you about what subjects you want to do and why and they'll push you to do 3 A levels instead of 4. But they'll be more open to it if you have 7 predicated A's. He/She will also ask about extra curricular activities and how you would get to the college. The majority of people who have had interviews from my school have gotten in so I'm assuming as long as your reference and predicted grades are okay, you'll get an offer. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vachall)
    I thought mine went really badly but evidently not. Its really chill, they'll ask you about what subjects you want to do and why and they'll push you to do 3 A levels instead of 4. But they'll be more open to it if you have 7 predicated A's. He/She will also ask about extra curricular activities and how you would get to the college. The majority of people who have had interviews from my school have gotten in so I'm assuming as long as your reference and predicted grades are okay, you'll get an offer. Good luck
    Thank you so much, the only thing i'm worried about is that my predicted grades are 9 As and 1 A* but on the application where it says "grades you honestly expect to achieve" i put 4 A* and rest A's. I don't want to come across as over ambitious but I honestly believe i can achieve that.. :/

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, the only thing i'm worried about is that my predicted grades are 9 As and 1 A* but on the application where it says "grades you honestly expect to achieve" i put 4 A* and rest A's. I don't want to come across as over ambitious but I honestly believe i can achieve that.. :/
    I predicted myself way higher in the majority of subjects. I think it shows that you've got potential although at the interview they mainly focus on the predicted grades that your school sends.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview I think it went okay, he said that he doesn't see why I shouldn't get a place he was just a bit concerned about my attendance 😁

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview I think it went okay, he said that he doesn't see why I shouldn't get a place he was just a bit concerned about my attendance 😁
    Well done:congrats: What's your attendance?

ReputationRep:
    good luck guys don't worry the interview really doesn't mean anything, it's a formality
    your predicted grades are the main thing they care about when giving out offers

ReputationRep:
    Well done:congrats: What's your attendance?
    95% :/

ReputationRep:
    They're gonna sweep you up straight away lol
    They're all about getting their stats up

Who was your interviewer? I wonder if I know them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rileystringer1)

I had Dean West. And completely unrelated but do you have a brother called Joe?

ReputationRep:
    I had Dean West. And completely unrelated but do you have a brother called Joe?
    Never heard
    And nope, I do have 4 brothers but none named Joe

ReputationRep:
    Never heard
    And nope, I do have 4 brothers but none named Joe
    oh ok, can you tell me a bit about the welcome to college day please?

ReputationRep:
    KEDST student here!

If you have an interview, you'll likely get in. I've only known one person have an interview and not get a place.

Don't make the assumption that you need to be a majority A* student to get in. It's more like mostly A's with some B's - or possibly even less than that. You also don't need loads of extracurriculars. Maybe one or two which you are actually passionate about and you can go into some detail with. And extracurriculars do not need to be a formal thing. It could be drawing or swimming or hiking ect.

My one key tip is to be passionate. Show an actual interest in what you want to be studying and real eagerness to do well.

(btw do geology. It rocks!)

ReputationRep:

Thank you for the reassurance, I was so scared and he was in the Chemistry department but forgot his name :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Free_Icecream_Yo)
    KEDST student here!

If you have an interview, you'll likely get in. I've only known one person have an interview and not get a place.

Don't make the assumption that you need to be a majority A* student to get in. It's more like mostly A's with some B's - or possibly even less than that. You also don't need loads of extracurriculars. Maybe one or two which you are actually passionate about and you can go into some detail with. And extracurriculars do not need to be a formal thing. It could be drawing or swimming or hiking ect.

My one key tip is to be passionate. Show an actual interest in what you want to be studying and real eagerness to do well.

(btw do geology. It rocks!)
    I've gotten a conditional offer, so what do I do on results day if i've got the grades. Do I call? or will my school?

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten a conditional offer, so what do I do on results day if i've got the grades. Do I call? or will my school?
    There will be an enrolment day a couple of days before therm starts. You'll be contacted about this and they'l give you a time and a room.

You just you where your appointment is and bring your results sheet with you. They'll write down your grades and then you go to a computer room to enter them into the system. All you have to do.

ReputationRep:
    There will be an enrolment day a couple of days before therm starts. You'll be contacted about this and they'l give you a time and a room.

You just you where your appointment is and bring your results sheet with you. They'll write down your grades and then you go to a computer room to enter them into the system. All you have to do.
    and what if I don't meet the conditions?

ReputationRep:
    and what if I don't meet the conditions?
    You still need to turn up for then enrolment day and it will be discussed then.

But you'll make the conditions, don't worry about that.

ReputationRep:
    You still need to turn up for then enrolment day and it will be discussed then.

But you'll make the conditions, don't worry about that.
    Okay thanks , I was actually pleasantly surprised when my offer came because the conditions are surprisingly easy. All I need is 6 B's, B in biology, B in chemistry, B in maths and a C in English language. And I'm at those grades or above at the moment anyway:jiggy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.