Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year at Uni of Notts and I missed my exam this morning because I overslept... What do I do? I'm going to fail this module (100% exam) so will have to resit in August and can't get higher than a pass!

Hypothetically speaking, if I could obtain a doctor's note and say I was ill and therefore had extenuating circumstances - I would be able to resit and get a higher mark. What would happen if I didn't give a reason and just continued? Someone help me please

ReputationRep:
    How did you even oversleep? Didnt nerves wake you up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhymeAsylumForever)
    I'm a first year at Uni of Notts and I missed my exam this morning because I overslept... What do I do? I'm going to fail this module (100% exam) so will have to resit in August and can't get higher than a pass!

Hypothetically speaking, if I could obtain a doctor's note and say I was ill and therefore had extenuating circumstances - I would be able to resit and get a higher mark. What would happen if I didn't give a reason and just continued? Someone help me please
    Doubtful. Think you're just gonna have to suck it up and resit and get 40% (if you pass). I would talk to your lecturer/personal tutor but that's all you can do tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fxbszmn)
    How did you even oversleep? Didnt nerves wake you up?
    I have been nocturnal for the past few days. I just didn't wake up

ReputationRep:
    Don't cheat, just take the pass.
    You're lucky it's only first year; just actually put enough work in to do well enough to get through and apply for stuff.

And never do something so stupid as being 'nocturnal' before an exam.....

ReputationRep:
    I'd just accept it and go for the 40% capped resit, it's only first year so it won't make any difference.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.