New edexcel alevel history - Democracies in Change

Watch
ellefrancessa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Anyone studying the New Edexcel Alevel in History (Democracies and Change)? If anyone wants to share resources and revision tips that would be brilliant!
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, i've moved this to history.
aj2152
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi I'm doing this same course too

Posted from TSR Mobile
aj2152
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You are doing the 2 AS Exams for Britain 1918-97 and USA 1955-97 right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ellefrancessa
Rep:
?
Exactly that! Can't seem to find many others doing it! I have a few resources I can share with you. I'm also typing up all of my notes so I can send them to you if you want! Have 1 or 2 A Grade essays and also a first attempt D grade I could use for a bad example hahahha!
aj2152
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ellefrancessa)
Exactly that! Can't seem to find many others doing it! I have a few resources I can share with you. I'm also typing up all of my notes so I can send them to you if you want! Have 1 or 2 A Grade essays and also a first attempt D grade I could use for a bad example hahahha!
Yeahh I've got some note documents I could send too, I'd really appreciate if you could give me as much as you got😂😂 Every little will help hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
OVB498
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hii I would love to share resources with you if you still want to? I have quite a lot of notes on America but am really struggling with the stuff on Britain :/ Also seems like no one is doing this exam so I'm so happy I found you!!!
aj2152
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by OVB498)
Hii I would love to share resources with you if you still want to? I have quite a lot of notes on America but am really struggling with the stuff on Britain :/ Also seems like no one is doing this exam so I'm so happy I found you!!!
I have no notes for America at all but I'm working on ones for Britain so I may get those done soon. Plus I also have a really good document which is a great text book for the Britain exam which I can also give you if you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OVB498
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aj2152)
I have no notes for America at all but I'm working on ones for Britain so I may get those done soon. Plus I also have a really good document which is a great text book for the Britain exam which I can also give you if you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah yes that would be really great!!! Thankyou
hogree
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Also taking the course, but the earlier USA section. Hey, tell you what, really struggling with the first topic in the Britain module, with regards to the response to the economic challenges and the changing relations between the government and workers. If anyone has any notes, massively appreciated.

Ooh, and if any of you have any need for notes or examples of high-marked essays, I've got a couple. If anyone has any essays that got an A, could I have a read?
hogree
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh, and anyone have any revision summary notes on the any of the Britain module?
aj2152
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just completed making a Fact File each on President Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush for the USA exam. These will be good to revise from on each of them because in the exam it may ask us about how successful or great their presidency was so this is a good layout of the main things.

So if anyone wants them then message me with your email and I'll happily send it👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
ellefrancessa
Rep:
?
Message me with emails too and ill send you everything i have! Xx
nenadine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello! So glad I have found people studying the same course as me. If you could send me the notes that you have done on the US I would really appreciate it

(Original post by aj2152)
I just completed making a Fact File each on President Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush for the USA exam. These will be good to revise from on each of them because in the exam it may ask us about how successful or great their presidency was so this is a good layout of the main things.

So if anyone wants them then message me with your email and I'll happily send it👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
nenadine
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey guys! Our history teacher told us that we should watch the 'Crash Course' channel on YouTube as it would really help with America. It's really helpful but I'm not sure if they also have videos on the UK
aj2152
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nenadine)
Hey guys! Our history teacher told us that we should watch the 'Crash Course' channel on YouTube as it would really help with America. It's really helpful but I'm not sure if they also have videos on the UK
Is this for our History USA topics? Could you send the link please as well on here. Thanks
Unwrittenstars
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm also doing this but with the earlier USA course from 1920-1955!
hogree
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Unwrittenstars)
I'm also doing this but with the earlier USA course from 1920-1955!
Fab, same! How you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unwrittenstars
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hogree)
Fab, same! How you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiii!!

I'm finding it alright - just a lot of content to remember as anything could come up! Struggling with the sustained judgement in essays though, hoping I get there in the end!
hogree
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Unwrittenstars)
Hiii!!

I'm finding it alright - just a lot of content to remember as anything could come up! Struggling with the sustained judgement in essays though, hoping I get there in the end!
The worst thing I get is when Im cut for time and not sure about my final judgement so I have to bluff my way through the essay before I realize what judgement I actually come to. In one of my practise papers, I wrote to a "reasonable extent" in the opening paragraph before actually writing in the conclusion that it was to a limited extent and forgot to edit my intro haha. The essay writing is a bit of a pain, I love the course though! Do you have any plans for revising the Britain and USA topics? You gonna use different methods for the different modules?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (47)
40.17%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
17.95%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
5.13%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
8.55%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (10)
8.55%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (10)
8.55%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
11.11%

Watched Threads