The Student Room Group

New edexcel alevel history - Democracies in Change

Anyone studying the New Edexcel Alevel in History (Democracies and Change)? If anyone wants to share resources and revision tips that would be brilliant!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, i've moved this to history. :smile:
Reply 2
Hi I'm doing this same course too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
You are doing the 2 AS Exams for Britain 1918-97 and USA 1955-97 right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly that! Can't seem to find many others doing it! I have a few resources I can share with you. I'm also typing up all of my notes so I can send them to you if you want! Have 1 or 2 A Grade essays and also a first attempt D grade I could use for a bad example hahahha!
Reply 5
Original post by ellefrancessa
Exactly that! Can't seem to find many others doing it! I have a few resources I can share with you. I'm also typing up all of my notes so I can send them to you if you want! Have 1 or 2 A Grade essays and also a first attempt D grade I could use for a bad example hahahha!

Yeahh I've got some note documents I could send too, I'd really appreciate if you could give me as much as you got😂😂 Every little will help hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hii :smile: I would love to share resources with you if you still want to? I have quite a lot of notes on America but am really struggling with the stuff on Britain :/ Also seems like no one is doing this exam so I'm so happy I found you!!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by OVB498
Hii :smile: I would love to share resources with you if you still want to? I have quite a lot of notes on America but am really struggling with the stuff on Britain :/ Also seems like no one is doing this exam so I'm so happy I found you!!! :biggrin:

I have no notes for America at all but I'm working on ones for Britain so I may get those done soon. Plus I also have a really good document which is a great text book for the Britain exam which I can also give you if you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by aj2152
I have no notes for America at all but I'm working on ones for Britain so I may get those done soon. Plus I also have a really good document which is a great text book for the Britain exam which I can also give you if you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yes that would be really great!!! :smile: Thankyou
Reply 9
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Also taking the course, but the earlier USA section. Hey, tell you what, really struggling with the first topic in the Britain module, with regards to the response to the economic challenges and the changing relations between the government and workers. If anyone has any notes, massively appreciated.

Ooh, and if any of you have any need for notes or examples of high-marked essays, I've got a couple. If anyone has any essays that got an A, could I have a read?
Reply 10
Oh, and anyone have any revision summary notes on the any of the Britain module?
Reply 11
I just completed making a Fact File each on President Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush for the USA exam. These will be good to revise from on each of them because in the exam it may ask us about how successful or great their presidency was so this is a good layout of the main things.

So if anyone wants them then message me with your email and I'll happily send it👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Message me with emails too and ill send you everything i have! Xx
Reply 13
Hello! So glad I have found people studying the same course as me. If you could send me the notes that you have done on the US I would really appreciate it :smile:

Original post by aj2152
I just completed making a Fact File each on President Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush for the USA exam. These will be good to revise from on each of them because in the exam it may ask us about how successful or great their presidency was so this is a good layout of the main things.

So if anyone wants them then message me with your email and I'll happily send it👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hey guys! Our history teacher told us that we should watch the 'Crash Course' channel on YouTube as it would really help with America. It's really helpful but I'm not sure if they also have videos on the UK
Reply 15
Original post by nenadine
Hey guys! Our history teacher told us that we should watch the 'Crash Course' channel on YouTube as it would really help with America. It's really helpful but I'm not sure if they also have videos on the UK

Is this for our History USA topics? Could you send the link please as well on here. Thanks
I'm also doing this but with the earlier USA course from 1920-1955! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Unwrittenstars
I'm also doing this but with the earlier USA course from 1920-1955! :smile:

Fab, same! How you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hogree
Fab, same! How you finding it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiii!!

I'm finding it alright - just a lot of content to remember as anything could come up! Struggling with the sustained judgement in essays though, hoping I get there in the end! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Unwrittenstars
Hiii!!

I'm finding it alright - just a lot of content to remember as anything could come up! Struggling with the sustained judgement in essays though, hoping I get there in the end! :smile:

The worst thing I get is when Im cut for time and not sure about my final judgement so I have to bluff my way through the essay before I realize what judgement I actually come to. In one of my practise papers, I wrote to a "reasonable extent" in the opening paragraph before actually writing in the conclusion that it was to a limited extent and forgot to edit my intro haha. The essay writing is a bit of a pain, I love the course though! Do you have any plans for revising the Britain and USA topics? You gonna use different methods for the different modules?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending