Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey everyone !

First I would like to offer my apologies, my English is not perfect , it's not my native language.

So, here's my case ! I'm FrenchUnicorn, and I'm officialy studying medicine at Pierre et Marie Curie .. Med school ? (I think that how we say in English right ?) and I just get my results (actually they came 2 days ago) and I failed. The summary of my life is : MY HEART IS CRUSHED.

I'm dreamig of being a doctor since I'm a child .. But in here studies are really hard (the work is not the problem, the mental strain is). Studies are unfair. To let you know , on my college we were 2500 students on first year, and only 331 can continue to the second one. I' m not one of those ..

I'm convinced that I still can be a doctor , I tried twice , I failed, and they just.. Throw us away !

So, I want to be a doctor , I'm ready to everything .. To go , to pay, EVERYTHING

Can you help me please ? I would like to have some informations , is it possible to study in England for a French student ? I think I need to pass the A levels or something, right ? I had a scientific baccalauréat , and did one year and a half in Pierre et Marie Curie med school (but my "half" is the second time I tried to pass the first year haha)

Voilà voilà !

I would be really gratefull if you could just answer me ; talk to me , anything from you would be great

(Really really sorry again for my faults in English ! I promise I'll become bilingual soon !)

Thanks ,

FrenchUnicorn, a heartbroken Parisian
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You'll need to start looking into different universities policies for foreign qualifications and you may be required to take an english language test. It is definitely possible though and you may not need to take A levels.

Have you got any idea where you'd like to go?

(Original post by Neostigmine)
    You'll need to start looking into different universities policies for foreign qualifications and you may be required to take an english language test. It is definitely possible though and you may not need to take A levels.

Have you got any idea where you'd like to go?
    Hello !
    Thanks for your answer !

I did not really thought about where to go, but a friend of mine told me about King's College. This friend has 26 today and failed twice in medicine in France too, and was accepted to King's College (but he finally did not go)

Oh yes I heard about the English test , TOEFL that's right ?

I'm gonna search informations on their website ! (And others colleges too :P )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.