Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what helps period pains to go away. x

ReputationRep:
    ibuprofen or paracetamol usually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amylouisehollis)
    Have you tried cuddling a teddy bear whilst tucked up in bed with a hot water bottle whilst singing tunes from Frozen?

That's what I did when I was a little girl.

ReputationRep:
    The slaughter of newborns.
    • Welcome Squad

i usually have a hot water bottle, tea and if i really need it then paracetamol

ReputationRep:
    Have lots of fruit, and keep yourself warm!
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Davalla)
    Have you tried cuddling a teddy bear whilst tucked up in bed with a hot water bottle whilst singing tunes from Frozen?

That's what I did when I was a little girl.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Hot water bottle! or get up and walk around. I find that just moving around makes me feel a bit better

ReputationRep:
    mefenamic acid
    co codamol
    ibuprofen
    paracetamol
    im high on all of them rn

ReputationRep:
    Lots of chocolate and a hot water bottle should do the job!

ReputationRep:
    As much as you won't want to do this - exercise helps. When I was 11 and had bad period cramps in France (on a school trip of all places), the other school's teacher took me on a walk and by the end my cramps were completely gone!

ReputationRep:
    I used to get them pretty badly and I found that taking paracetamol and ibuprofen together worked for me. A hot bath also helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I usually take painkillers such as Ibuprofen when the pain first starts, so they can start to work before the pain gets bad. Also, I find that a heating pad or hot water bottle helps to take the edge off and help me relax, especially if I get them at night

ReputationRep:
    hot water bottles, painkillers, and certain stomach massages can help, just try a few things and figure out what works best for you

ReputationRep:
    Your iron levels are low right now, so take some iron tablets if you have any or eat some food high in iron, should help you feel better and the ibuprofen and hot water bottle like everyone has suggested.

ReputationRep:
    Take a couple of paracetemol and get ready for a short jog, they should start to kick in by the time you're ready. Then go for a short jog around the block. I did this a 2 am and when it's cold it gets your blood pumping even more. Then get a hot water bottle and snuggle down for the night
    I hope you feel better soon.

ReputationRep:
    Pregnancy usually sorts the problem out - but then you swap one heap of trouble for another....

ReputationRep:
    ibuprofen, if it doesnt work for you, you can go to the doctor and he can prescribe you something stronger but if your period pains are really bad they mightbe caused by some underlying hormonal problem so get it checked out if its abnormal.

ReputationRep:
    ibuprofen always helps me. Also I always feel less sore and horrible if I am wrapped up warm and wearing trousers that don't have a tight waist i.e. PJ bottoms

ReputationRep:
    Hot water bottle and chocolate is the best natural way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.