Oil painting- where to buy varnish for mixing in please?

Watch
pinkstudent63
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I have recently been taught about oil painting and I really enjoyed it so I am now trying to get everything I need to do it myself, I'm having trouble finding the varnish that you mix with the oil paints?
fire_and_ice
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to get mine from a local art supplier when I did AS Art. Although, I'm sure you can get it on Amazon or even WHSmith.
pinkstudent63
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by fire_and_ice)
I used to get mine from a local art supplier when I did AS Art. Although, I'm sure you can get it on Amazon or even WHSmith.
I can't find any on the whsmith website, amazon seem to have some, I wasn't sure about ebay. I know cassart do different ones but you have to pay for postage. There's so many brands and different types and I don't know which one I used before, it was damar varnish but a lot of them keep saying apply after you've painted but the one I used you mix in with the oil paint to paint with
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (27)
17.31%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (49)
31.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (15)
9.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
10.26%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.49%
I think it's an unfair expectation (39)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.92%

Watched Threads