Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I want to drop out of Uni - I'm half way through my 2nd year, any advice? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well personally I'd say to carry on to the end of the year if possible, just because of the financial implications if you drop out... it isn't long left now in the grand scheme of things. If you have finished two years then you will only have one left and it may be that you then may as well finish the degree?

Have you looked at stress management and ways of managing your feelings? You could either research it yourself or see a counsellor at uni who can talk you through ways of coping with stress etc. You will come across stressful deadlines and things if you have a job long term so it would be good to learn how to manage with this.

At the end of the day it would be your choice and you need to do what will be best for you, however I would think about it and get advice from people at your uni..... such as student support, the counselling service and the finance team to check the financial impact of dropping out.

x

ReputationRep:
    Don't, think of the debt you'll be in and money wasted

ReputationRep:
    What are you studying?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.