Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Away from partner! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi my girlfriend has recently gone away to Australia for a few months. I'm missing her terribly! Anyone any advice how I can get through these tough times missing her like mad?

I also know that I'm being stupid but im really concerned about her having to fly over the Middle East when she comes home. I can't help but worry about it with all the current conflicts going on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GaryN994)
    Hi my girlfriend has recently gone away to Australia for a few months. I'm missing her terribly! Anyone any advice how I can get through these tough times missing her like mad?

I also know that I'm being stupid but im really concerned about her having to fly over the Middle East when she comes home. I can't help but worry about it with all the current conflicts going on!
    why don't u skype her and talk to her every day
    and
    don't worry she will return safely

ReputationRep:
    You won't miss her if you get busy with your work or study or hobbies. Plus, middle eastern countries don't have those surface to air missiles so you won't need to worry about another mh17.

ReputationRep:
    I am skyping and talking everyday! Just miss her in our day to day routine!

I know she will return safely I just have this major anxiety about it all!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Gary. You obviously care about her a lot which is very sweet. You sound like a sensitive soul which is really nice. I'm sure she is lucky to have you. I've been in a LDR for almost a year before and we are still together now, back in the same country. At the time, I was quite young and there is also a 5 year age gap, my boyfriend has always been a lot more independent and resilient than me in general, so although he did miss me a lot too, these things are easier for him to cope with. I think I became quite annoying and a bit of a burden for my boyfriend as I was always getting upset and jealous and I found the distance to be a massive struggle. We got through it though, and in the end it made us stronger! Now I'm a few years older, I would've behaved differently. Just make sure she knows that you're thinking of her and care about her, but give her time and space, let her get on with it and enjoy herself. Don't become resentful, needy or clingy as that could potentially push her away. As others above said, use this time to focus on yourself and your career/friends/family and so on. I'm sure there will be so much to talk about when you next see each other and it will be so exciting for you both. She will be back before you know it!

I'm sure the flights will be fine. A close friend of mine is cabin crew and flies all over the world all the time. If he was worried about that, he wouldn't fly! So try not to worry too much.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.