Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I currently reside in London and live with my parents in a council home.

    It is impossible for myself to get a council flat 1 bedroom as I am on band 4. My father is threatening to kick me out of the house (We have a very unpleasant relationship).

    I emailed the council about this threat and they replied

    'your father is asking you to leave you could find a private property and apply for housing benefits to help you with the rent if your income is not enough to cover the rent.

    If you want to make a homeless approach to this borough you will need to come to our offices in 25 Bournemouth Road, in Peckham off Rye Lane.

    You can make an approach Mondays to Thursdays, we do ask that you arrive for 9am when we open. On Wednesdays we open at 10am.

    You will need to bring Id for yourself, 2 proof of address for the past year; last 3 months payslips; letter from your father with his name address and date he is asking you to leave. We will also need to bring your dad’s I.D and tenancy agreement or proof of ownership of property'

    I dont think my dad owns the property as we are not rich, so does this make it impossible for me to get a flat

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    It says OR tenancy agreement. So you just need the contract.

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    i think the most common application for housing the council get is ' im being kicked out of the house by my parents'

    i dont think this counts for high priority reason. best advise is patch things up with your folks. welcome to the real world
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.