Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Share Your Best Housing Drama Story Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Go.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I lived with a girl who would lock her bedroom door when she went to the toilet or to the kitchen because she "didn't trust us" but left her bedroom window open when she went home for a week.
    She would bin anything of hers that got touched or moved by anyone.
    When she moved in on the first day she asked why I had classical music on "if it had no words?" and decided to play atomic kitten very loudly from her room.

It wasn't drama as such because it was like living with a ghost. You never saw her, just heard things moving around the house.

I hated flat sharing :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Mine dropped out two weeks into the start of term after being diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. How's that one for drama?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I lived with one guy who just annoyed everyone else to no end by being himself. He locked one of the very few people in the house that kind of liked him outside for 'banter' (he had forgotten his library card to get in) and stood on the stairway so that no one could come down the stairs to let him in. He had lacrosse practice later on and he climbed out the kitchen window just to not open the door and give the other guy a chance of getting in. So the poor guy may have been out there for almost an hour until the person had cleared off and I let them in.

I also caught him naked in the kitchen one night, at around 9pm. Thankfully I didn't get a good glimpse and I have been able to unsee it.

Loads of other smaller things happened (including him borrowing a lot of textbooks that he didn't need from the library to monopolise them and make sure that no one else could use them), and I gave him the silent treatment from about February until June and removed him from Facebook the day he left.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.